Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup Recipe
This Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup has been inspired by Russian cuisine but I’ve added my own touch. It’s very similar to a borscht soup, but I’ve added some lentils for extra protein and fibre.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 beetroots, peeled & cut into cubes (approx. 3 cups)
- 2 potatoes, peeled & cut into cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ head cabbage, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 200g cooked brown lentils
- 1L vegetable stock
- Handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Yoghurt or sour cream, to serve (optional)
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped beetroot, potato, onion, cabbage, garlic and sea salt. Sauté over medium heat for 15 mins and add lentils and vegetable stock.
- Cook for a further 30 mins over low heat.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley and some yoghurt or sour cream (optional).
Mushroom and Spinach Vegan Quiche Recipe
This eggless quiche is savoury, satisfying, comforting, loaded with vegies and healthy!
Scrambled Turmeric Tofu Recipe
Tofu provides a good dose of the important bone-building minerals, calcium and phosphorus. Taste the scrambled turmeric tofu recipe!
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...
Rainbow Mushroom Poke Bowl by Jacqueline Alwill from The Brown Paper Bag
The Rainbow Poke Bowl delivers your body vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibre, proteins, carbohydrates, fats and so much more.