Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup Recipe
This Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup has been inspired by Russian cuisine but I’ve added my own touch. It’s very similar to a borscht soup, but I’ve added some lentils for extra protein and fibre.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 beetroots, peeled & cut into cubes (approx. 3 cups)
- 2 potatoes, peeled & cut into cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ head cabbage, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 200g cooked brown lentils
- 1L vegetable stock
- Handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Yoghurt or sour cream, to serve (optional)
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped beetroot, potato, onion, cabbage, garlic and sea salt. Sauté over medium heat for 15 mins and add lentils and vegetable stock.
- Cook for a further 30 mins over low heat.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley and some yoghurt or sour cream (optional).
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Spelt and Olive Focaccia Bread Recipe
Focaccia bread is one of the easiest breads to make as it requires very little rising time. I’ve topped this...
Sweet Quinoa and Cacao Risotto Recipe
Risotto isn’t just a lunch or dinner meal, it can absolutely be a dessert or breakfast! I’ve combined my go-to...
Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and...