Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup Recipe
This Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup has been inspired by Russian cuisine but I’ve added my own touch. It’s very similar to a borscht soup, but I’ve added some lentils for extra protein and fibre.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 beetroots, peeled & cut into cubes (approx. 3 cups)
- 2 potatoes, peeled & cut into cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ head cabbage, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 200g cooked brown lentils
- 1L vegetable stock
- Handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Yoghurt or sour cream, to serve (optional)
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped beetroot, potato, onion, cabbage, garlic and sea salt. Sauté over medium heat for 15 mins and add lentils and vegetable stock.
- Cook for a further 30 mins over low heat.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley and some yoghurt or sour cream (optional).
Mango and Coconut Ice Blocks Recipe
These delicious ice blocks make a healthy treat for the whole family. They are a nutritious alternative to sugar-laden store-bought...
Chocolate, Avocado and Berry Cake Recipe
This delicious cake caters to many intolerances as it’s dairy-, egg- and gluten-free and vegan. It gets a lovely richness...
Coconut and Tapioca Pudding with Pineapple Flowers Recipe
Traditionally, tapioca pudding in Sri Lanka is made with condensed milk and quite a lot of sugar. This is my...
Cauliflower Hummus Recipe
The cauliflower lends a gorgeous nutty flavour and, garnished with some extra roasted chickpeas and veg, the texture is equally...