Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup Recipe
This Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup has been inspired by Russian cuisine but I’ve added my own touch. It’s very similar to a borscht soup, but I’ve added some lentils for extra protein and fibre.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 beetroots, peeled & cut into cubes (approx. 3 cups)
- 2 potatoes, peeled & cut into cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ head cabbage, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 200g cooked brown lentils
- 1L vegetable stock
- Handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Yoghurt or sour cream, to serve (optional)
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped beetroot, potato, onion, cabbage, garlic and sea salt. Sauté over medium heat for 15 mins and add lentils and vegetable stock.
- Cook for a further 30 mins over low heat.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley and some yoghurt or sour cream (optional).
Spiced Carrot Dip Recipe
Mad for carrots? We are too! They are a regular player in our snack bag on the run. Try our...
Egg Salad Cos Cups Recipe
Create a fun dish to have at your next picnic that looks impressive! Try our Egg salad cos cups recipe...
Rainbow Salad in a Jar Recipe
Finding ways of eating good food on the go saves money and ensures you make a great choices. Enjoy our...