Berry, Pepita and Walnut Brain Booster Fruit Salad Recipe
When you lovingly prepare this beautiful fruit salad, it’s a creative and mindful process. Practising daily mindful actions and eating nutrient-packed brain foods can keep your mind clear and focused.
- Sweet Cashew Cream
- 1 cup cashew nuts, soaked in water overnight, then drained
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½-1 cup water
- 4 tbsp pepita seeds
- 4 tbsp walnuts
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 6 strawberries
- 8 fresh raspberries
- 1 golden kiwifruit, skin removed & sliced
- ½ cup bite-sized pieces pawpaw
- 1 cup bite-sized pieces watermelon
- 2 sprigs fresh mint leaves, stalks removed
- Few sprigs purple mizuna leaves, to garnish
- 6 tbsp sweet cashew cream (recipe above)
- Place soaked and drained cashews in high-speed blender with ½-1 cup cold water and 2 tbsp maple syrup and blend to a thick cream.
- Place cashew cream into freezer for 30 mins before serving, to thicken.
- Place all fruit ingredients decoratively in bowl and add 3 spoonfuls of thickened cashew cream to salad.
- Add mizuna leaves delicately to top of salad, then sprinkle with pepitas, walnut pieces and mint leaves.
Herb and Goat’s Cheese Omelette Recipe
This omelette is high in protein, can be packed with vegies and is quick to prepare. Try this Herb and...
Sweet Potato and Haloumi Muffins Recipe
Full of fibre, protein and sustaining energy, these muffins are a portable powerhouse of nutrition. They are also quite versatile:...
Pear and Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe
These thin Pear and Cinnamon Pancakes are worth the little bit of extra time they take to make. Plus, the...