Berry, Pepita and Walnut Brain Booster Fruit Salad Recipe
When you lovingly prepare this beautiful fruit salad, it’s a creative and mindful process. Practising daily mindful actions and eating nutrient-packed brain foods can keep your mind clear and focused.
- Sweet Cashew Cream
- 1 cup cashew nuts, soaked in water overnight, then drained
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½-1 cup water
- 4 tbsp pepita seeds
- 4 tbsp walnuts
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 6 strawberries
- 8 fresh raspberries
- 1 golden kiwifruit, skin removed & sliced
- ½ cup bite-sized pieces pawpaw
- 1 cup bite-sized pieces watermelon
- 2 sprigs fresh mint leaves, stalks removed
- Few sprigs purple mizuna leaves, to garnish
- 6 tbsp sweet cashew cream (recipe above)
- Place soaked and drained cashews in high-speed blender with ½-1 cup cold water and 2 tbsp maple syrup and blend to a thick cream.
- Place cashew cream into freezer for 30 mins before serving, to thicken.
- Place all fruit ingredients decoratively in bowl and add 3 spoonfuls of thickened cashew cream to salad.
- Add mizuna leaves delicately to top of salad, then sprinkle with pepitas, walnut pieces and mint leaves.
Blissed out at Bitter Springs in Mataranka, Northern Territory
We journey to picturesque Mataranka, located at the Top End of Australia’s Northern Territory, and enjoy drifting through pandanus-fringed waterways...
Elderberries for the flu and how processed food may harm the heart
We take a look at elderberries for the flu and how processed food may harm the heart plus much more.
Sore joints? Learn how to treat arthritis naturally and gently
Arthritis is a common inflammatory condition affecting around 3.6 million Australians that is one of the leading causes of pain...
Clownfish disappearing, insects on the slide and other environmental news
Discover why clownfish disappearing, how much water is used to flush toilets and other environmental news.