Berry, Pepita and Walnut Brain Booster Fruit Salad Recipe
When you lovingly prepare this beautiful fruit salad, it’s a creative and mindful process. Practising daily mindful actions and eating nutrient-packed brain foods can keep your mind clear and focused.
- Sweet Cashew Cream
- 1 cup cashew nuts, soaked in water overnight, then drained
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½-1 cup water
- 4 tbsp pepita seeds
- 4 tbsp walnuts
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 6 strawberries
- 8 fresh raspberries
- 1 golden kiwifruit, skin removed & sliced
- ½ cup bite-sized pieces pawpaw
- 1 cup bite-sized pieces watermelon
- 2 sprigs fresh mint leaves, stalks removed
- Few sprigs purple mizuna leaves, to garnish
- 6 tbsp sweet cashew cream (recipe above)
- Place soaked and drained cashews in high-speed blender with ½-1 cup cold water and 2 tbsp maple syrup and blend to a thick cream.
- Place cashew cream into freezer for 30 mins before serving, to thicken.
- Place all fruit ingredients decoratively in bowl and add 3 spoonfuls of thickened cashew cream to salad.
- Add mizuna leaves delicately to top of salad, then sprinkle with pepitas, walnut pieces and mint leaves.
What is adrenal fatigue?
Are you constantly exhausted or lacking energy? You might have adrenal fatigue. Carla Oates explains this phenomenon and its effects...
Tips and recipes to help balance your nervous system
There is a direct and proven link between the food you eat and the health of your nervous system and...
Barley, White Bean and Mushroom Risotto Recipe
This is a gorgeous, hearty take on risotto using barley instead of rice, which delivers a lovely chewy, nutty flavour...
Find fun and fitness through board sports
Discover why more people are choosing to grab a board and ride their way to fun, fitness and freedom.