Berry, Pepita and Walnut Brain Booster Fruit Salad Recipe
When you lovingly prepare this beautiful fruit salad, it’s a creative and mindful process. Practising daily mindful actions and eating nutrient-packed brain foods can keep your mind clear and focused.
- Sweet Cashew Cream
- 1 cup cashew nuts, soaked in water overnight, then drained
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½-1 cup water
- 4 tbsp pepita seeds
- 4 tbsp walnuts
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 6 strawberries
- 8 fresh raspberries
- 1 golden kiwifruit, skin removed & sliced
- ½ cup bite-sized pieces pawpaw
- 1 cup bite-sized pieces watermelon
- 2 sprigs fresh mint leaves, stalks removed
- Few sprigs purple mizuna leaves, to garnish
- 6 tbsp sweet cashew cream (recipe above)
- Place soaked and drained cashews in high-speed blender with ½-1 cup cold water and 2 tbsp maple syrup and blend to a thick cream.
- Place cashew cream into freezer for 30 mins before serving, to thicken.
- Place all fruit ingredients decoratively in bowl and add 3 spoonfuls of thickened cashew cream to salad.
- Add mizuna leaves delicately to top of salad, then sprinkle with pepitas, walnut pieces and mint leaves.
Banana Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Bananas are one of the best sources of vitamin B6, which is needed for a healthy nervous system. They also...
Coconut & Almond Porridge Recipe
This super-comforting porridge is perfect for a light and healthy breakfast. Enjoy our Coconut & Almond Porridge recipe!
Turkish-Style Eggs Recipe
EatWell chef Raquel Neofit learnt this recipe from a good Turkish friend about 20 years ago. Enjoy her take on...