Berry, Pepita and Walnut Brain Booster Fruit Salad Recipe
When you lovingly prepare this beautiful fruit salad, it’s a creative and mindful process. Practising daily mindful actions and eating nutrient-packed brain foods can keep your mind clear and focused.
- Sweet Cashew Cream
- 1 cup cashew nuts, soaked in water overnight, then drained
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½-1 cup water
- 4 tbsp pepita seeds
- 4 tbsp walnuts
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 6 strawberries
- 8 fresh raspberries
- 1 golden kiwifruit, skin removed & sliced
- ½ cup bite-sized pieces pawpaw
- 1 cup bite-sized pieces watermelon
- 2 sprigs fresh mint leaves, stalks removed
- Few sprigs purple mizuna leaves, to garnish
- 6 tbsp sweet cashew cream (recipe above)
- Place soaked and drained cashews in high-speed blender with ½-1 cup cold water and 2 tbsp maple syrup and blend to a thick cream.
- Place cashew cream into freezer for 30 mins before serving, to thicken.
- Place all fruit ingredients decoratively in bowl and add 3 spoonfuls of thickened cashew cream to salad.
- Add mizuna leaves delicately to top of salad, then sprinkle with pepitas, walnut pieces and mint leaves.
A Health Refresh with Cabot Health
Cabot Health is 100 per cent Australian owned and operated. Their doctors and naturopaths are committed to nutritional medicine and...
13 antioxidant foods and how to enjoy them
Antioxidants defend against cell-damaging free radicals, which increase your risk of disease and premature ageing. Including a variety of antioxidant-rich...
Do you want to help save the bees?
Native bee populations are struggling because of loss of habitat and food, often caused by urban and suburban development. The...
How to align with the rhythms of nature
By aligning with the rhythms of nature and connecting to its wisdom, you can channel your inner wild thing in...