Black Rice, Cardamom and Kaffir Lime Risotto Recipe
Here’s a sweeter style of risotto that combines antioxidant-rich black rice with coconut milk and spices for a comforting treat.
- 4 cardamom pods, smashed or crushed
- 1 small piece cinnamon stick, or ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 450mL milk of choice (I used half coconut milk, half almond milk)
- 125g black rice
- Maple syrup, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- Place cardamom pods in saucepan over medium heat and stir for 1 min until fragrant.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, kaffir lime leaves and milk and bring to simmer.
- Turn heat to low and cook for 10 mins to infuse flavours, then strain and return infused milk to saucepan.
- Add black rice and bring to simmer once more.
- Turn heat to low, cover and cook for around 20 mins, stirring every now and then to make sure it doesn’t stick.
- Taste and add a little maple syrup if needed.
- You may need to add a little extra milk if rice needs a little further cooking.
- Serve in bowls, top with pistachios and enjoy.
Get to know David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl from Green Kitchen Stories
David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl are the Scandinavian duo at the helm of Green Kitchen Stories. Their simple, healthy and...
Beetroot and Feta Croquette Appetiser Recipe
These simple beetroot and feta croquettes offer an easy, delicious and colourful appetiser to add to your entertaining menu.
Lemon Risotto Croquettes with Pesto Recipe
These delicious gluten-free croquettes are perfect served as an appetiser or as a vegetarian meal topped with marinara sauce, parmesan...
Coconut & Hemp Crumbed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Pumped with plant protein and essential fats, these gluten-free crumbed Brussels sprouts are the ultimate vegan snack, side or lunch!