Black Rice, Cardamom and Kaffir Lime Risotto Recipe
Here’s a sweeter style of risotto that combines antioxidant-rich black rice with coconut milk and spices for a comforting treat.
- 4 cardamom pods, smashed or crushed
- 1 small piece cinnamon stick, or ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 450mL milk of choice (I used half coconut milk, half almond milk)
- 125g black rice
- Maple syrup, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- Place cardamom pods in saucepan over medium heat and stir for 1 min until fragrant.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, kaffir lime leaves and milk and bring to simmer.
- Turn heat to low and cook for 10 mins to infuse flavours, then strain and return infused milk to saucepan.
- Add black rice and bring to simmer once more.
- Turn heat to low, cover and cook for around 20 mins, stirring every now and then to make sure it doesn’t stick.
- Taste and add a little maple syrup if needed.
- You may need to add a little extra milk if rice needs a little further cooking.
- Serve in bowls, top with pistachios and enjoy.
Mauritian Lentil Soup
This Mauritian-inspired red lentil soup is the ultimate comfort food. Easy to whip together, it’s warming to the body, with...
Oven-Baked Vegie Fritters
These tasty vegie fritters are loaded with dietary fibre for good bowel health, beta-carotene for healthy vision and complex carbohydrates...
Give sugar the flick with this honey-sweetened lemon tart: you’ll never look back. If you are a real honey fan...
English Baked Beans on Toast
Tinned baked beans are full of sugar and salt. Once you’ve tried this recipe, you won’t buy tinned beans ever...