Brown Rice Noodles and Vegetables in Timut Pepper Broth Recipe
Timut pepper gives this dish a warm glow and an incredible depth of flavour like nothing else I’ve cooked with before.
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup julienned carrots
- ½ red capsicum, julienned
- ½ cup julienned celery
- 1 cup button mushrooms, quartered
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 300g brown rice noodles
- Soup Paste
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp sambal oelek
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ onion, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped coriander root + leaves to serve
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp timut pepper
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Heat broth in pot.
- Make soup paste by combining garlic, ginger, sambal oelek, tomato, onion, coriander root, cumin, turmeric, timut pepper and 2 tbsp lime juice in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat pan on high heat, add soup paste and fry for about 30 secs. Add to broth and mix well. Bring to boil and reduce heat to low. Add prepared vegetables (except spinach) and dry rice noodles and turn down heat. Simmer 5 mins or until vegetables and noodles are al dente. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide rice noodles and spinach between bowls. Pour soup over, add remaining lime juice, garnish with coriander and serve.
Mushroom and Spinach Vegan Quiche Recipe
This eggless quiche is savoury, satisfying, comforting, loaded with vegies and healthy!
Scrambled Turmeric Tofu Recipe
Tofu provides a good dose of the important bone-building minerals, calcium and phosphorus. Taste the scrambled turmeric tofu recipe!
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...
Rainbow Mushroom Poke Bowl by Jacqueline Alwill from The Brown Paper Bag
The Rainbow Poke Bowl delivers your body vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibre, proteins, carbohydrates, fats and so much more.