Brown Rice Noodles and Vegetables in Timut Pepper Broth Recipe
Timut pepper gives this dish a warm glow and an incredible depth of flavour like nothing else I’ve cooked with before.
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup julienned carrots
- ½ red capsicum, julienned
- ½ cup julienned celery
- 1 cup button mushrooms, quartered
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 300g brown rice noodles
- Soup Paste
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp sambal oelek
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ onion, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped coriander root + leaves to serve
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp timut pepper
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Heat broth in pot.
- Make soup paste by combining garlic, ginger, sambal oelek, tomato, onion, coriander root, cumin, turmeric, timut pepper and 2 tbsp lime juice in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat pan on high heat, add soup paste and fry for about 30 secs. Add to broth and mix well. Bring to boil and reduce heat to low. Add prepared vegetables (except spinach) and dry rice noodles and turn down heat. Simmer 5 mins or until vegetables and noodles are al dente. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide rice noodles and spinach between bowls. Pour soup over, add remaining lime juice, garnish with coriander and serve.
Mango and Coconut Ice Blocks Recipe
These delicious ice blocks make a healthy treat for the whole family. They are a nutritious alternative to sugar-laden store-bought...
Chocolate, Avocado and Berry Cake Recipe
This delicious cake caters to many intolerances as it’s dairy-, egg- and gluten-free and vegan. It gets a lovely richness...
Coconut and Tapioca Pudding with Pineapple Flowers Recipe
Traditionally, tapioca pudding in Sri Lanka is made with condensed milk and quite a lot of sugar. This is my...
Cauliflower Hummus Recipe
The cauliflower lends a gorgeous nutty flavour and, garnished with some extra roasted chickpeas and veg, the texture is equally...