Brown Rice Noodles and Vegetables in Timut Pepper Broth Recipe
Timut pepper gives this dish a warm glow and an incredible depth of flavour like nothing else I’ve cooked with before.
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup julienned carrots
- ½ red capsicum, julienned
- ½ cup julienned celery
- 1 cup button mushrooms, quartered
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 300g brown rice noodles
- Soup Paste
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp sambal oelek
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ onion, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped coriander root + leaves to serve
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp timut pepper
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Heat broth in pot.
- Make soup paste by combining garlic, ginger, sambal oelek, tomato, onion, coriander root, cumin, turmeric, timut pepper and 2 tbsp lime juice in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat pan on high heat, add soup paste and fry for about 30 secs. Add to broth and mix well. Bring to boil and reduce heat to low. Add prepared vegetables (except spinach) and dry rice noodles and turn down heat. Simmer 5 mins or until vegetables and noodles are al dente. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide rice noodles and spinach between bowls. Pour soup over, add remaining lime juice, garnish with coriander and serve.
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Spelt and Olive Focaccia Bread Recipe
Focaccia bread is one of the easiest breads to make as it requires very little rising time. I’ve topped this...
Sweet Quinoa and Cacao Risotto Recipe
Risotto isn’t just a lunch or dinner meal, it can absolutely be a dessert or breakfast! I’ve combined my go-to...