Buckwheat Broccolini Bowl Recipe
Because it contains all essential amino acids, buckwheat broccolini bowl is considered a complete protein. When combined with the seeds, mushrooms and broccolini, this is not only extremely nutritious (and delicious) but a very high-protein plant-based meal.
- ¾ cup uncooked buckwheat
- 1¼ cup water
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ cup mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin & sesame seeds)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 100g shiitake mushrooms (if large, halved)
- 2 bunches broccolini
- Good pinch sea salt & black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup natural yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- Zest 1 lemon
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To cook buckwheat, rinse in sieve really well and place in small saucepan with 1¼ cups water and sea salt and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce to simmer, cover with lid ajar and cook for about 15 mins or until buckwheat is tender but still chewy.
- While buckwheat is cooking, place seeds on plate or small tray.
- Toss garlic, mushroom, broccolini and seasoning in olive oil until coated and place on large oven tray in single layer.
- Put seeds and tray of broccolini/shiitakes in oven for 15 mins or until broccolini is starting to crisp and seeds are toasted.
- Make dressing by mixing together ingredients in small bowl.
- When buckwheat is cooked, fluff with fork and mix through 3 tbsp of dressing and most of seeds (reserving a couple tbsp of seeds to garnish).
- Divide between 2 bowls. Top with baked vegetables, sprinkle with seeds and serve with remaining dressing (to drizzle over the vegies).
- Tip: You can make this vegan by using coconut yoghurt and replacing honey with maple syrup.
Hemp and Chickpea Hummus Recipe
Hemp is the perfect protein source for vegetarians and vegans. Try out our hemp and chickpea hummus recipe!
Black Bean Noodle Stir-Fry Recipe
Did you know black bean noodles are a wonderful ingredient and a great source of protein? Try out the Black...
Asparagus with Tahini and Hemp Yoghurt Recipe
The combination of coconut and tahini offers a plant-based protein punch from hemp seeds and asparagus. Try it today!