Buckwheat Kasha Recipe
Kasha is a traditional Russian dish that can be made from any kind of grain. In this recipe, I’ve used buckwheat because I like its nutty flavour.
- 300g buckwheat groats
- 50g butter
- 6 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 800mL water
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- Add buckwheat to large saucepan and place over medium heat. Do not add any oil or butter to saucepan; you want to toast buckwheat in dry pan. Toast buckwheat for 15 mins, stirring continuously. Pour toasted buckwheat into bowl and set aside.
- Return saucepan to heat and add butter, mushroom, onion and sea salt. Sauté for 10 mins and add toasted buckwheat and water. Bring to gentle simmer, cover and cook for 20 mins.
- Every 5 mins, stir to stop it from sticking to bottom of pan. You’ll know it’s ready when water has been absorbed and buckwheat is soft.
- Serve topped with sour cream and chopped flat-leaf parsley.
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...
Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of our favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this...
Matcha Panna Cotta with Raspberry Ice Recipe
A beautiful, delicious and nourishing dessert, this Matcha Panna Cotta is really easy to make and a dessert you’ll love...
Pancakes Hoppers Recipe
This recipe draws inspiration from Sri Lankan hoppers, which are fermented pancakes made from rice flour, served for breakfast with...