Buckwheat Kasha Recipe
Kasha is a traditional Russian dish that can be made from any kind of grain. In this recipe, I’ve used buckwheat because I like its nutty flavour.
- 300g buckwheat groats
- 50g butter
- 6 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 800mL water
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- Add buckwheat to large saucepan and place over medium heat. Do not add any oil or butter to saucepan; you want to toast buckwheat in dry pan. Toast buckwheat for 15 mins, stirring continuously. Pour toasted buckwheat into bowl and set aside.
- Return saucepan to heat and add butter, mushroom, onion and sea salt. Sauté for 10 mins and add toasted buckwheat and water. Bring to gentle simmer, cover and cook for 20 mins.
- Every 5 mins, stir to stop it from sticking to bottom of pan. You’ll know it’s ready when water has been absorbed and buckwheat is soft.
- Serve topped with sour cream and chopped flat-leaf parsley.
Fragrant Chicken Broth with Tofu Recipe
This fragrant broth is filled with so much goodness that just the aroma makes you feel better. Enjoy our Fragrant...
Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes with Mocha Fudge Sauce Recipe
These delicious gluten-free pancakes make the perfect weekend breakfast or afternoon treat.
5 healthy whole grains to add to your weekly food plan
A triple treat — nutritious, delicious and numerous — grains are powerhouses of nourishment and each of the many varieties...
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...