Buckwheat Kasha Recipe
Kasha is a traditional Russian dish that can be made from any kind of grain. In this recipe, I’ve used buckwheat because I like its nutty flavour.
- 300g buckwheat groats
- 50g butter
- 6 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 800mL water
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- Add buckwheat to large saucepan and place over medium heat. Do not add any oil or butter to saucepan; you want to toast buckwheat in dry pan. Toast buckwheat for 15 mins, stirring continuously. Pour toasted buckwheat into bowl and set aside.
- Return saucepan to heat and add butter, mushroom, onion and sea salt. Sauté for 10 mins and add toasted buckwheat and water. Bring to gentle simmer, cover and cook for 20 mins.
- Every 5 mins, stir to stop it from sticking to bottom of pan. You’ll know it’s ready when water has been absorbed and buckwheat is soft.
- Serve topped with sour cream and chopped flat-leaf parsley.
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...