Butter Chicken Clay Pot Recipe
Everything just tastes better in a clay pot — even this tasty, gluten-free butter chicken recipe! This version will help give your Friday-night curry a gut-friendly upgrade.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm knob fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 750g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, halved or cut into pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 400mL tomato passata
- 250mL coconut cream
- 100g roasted unsalted cashews, crushed or finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Cauliflower rice or cooked rice, to serve
- Heat olive oil in large clay pot or heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion for 3–4 mins, or until softened. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 min.
- Stir in ground spices and salt and sauté for about 2 mins, or until fragrant.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 mins, before adding bay leaf, passata, coconut cream and cashews.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20–25 mins, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in lemon juice, scatter with coriander leaves and serve with cauliflower rice or your choice of accompaniments.
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...