Butter Chicken Clay Pot Recipe
Everything just tastes better in a clay pot — even this tasty, gluten-free butter chicken recipe! This version will help give your Friday-night curry a gut-friendly upgrade.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm knob fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 750g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, halved or cut into pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 400mL tomato passata
- 250mL coconut cream
- 100g roasted unsalted cashews, crushed or finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Cauliflower rice or cooked rice, to serve
- Heat olive oil in large clay pot or heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion for 3–4 mins, or until softened. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 min.
- Stir in ground spices and salt and sauté for about 2 mins, or until fragrant.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 mins, before adding bay leaf, passata, coconut cream and cashews.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20–25 mins, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in lemon juice, scatter with coriander leaves and serve with cauliflower rice or your choice of accompaniments.
Okra, Haloumi & Bulgur Salad Recipe
The combination of pan-fried okra, haloumi, pomegranate and fresh herbs makes this salad a simple weekday dish. Okra often has...
Okra with Kefir Lime, Coconut Rice and Sambal Recipe
I absolutely love the combination of the okra with this incredible rice! This is a very simple method of cooking...
Vegetable Tagine Recipe
This recipe is one of my all-time favourites for using up leftover vegetables. It can be made in a tagine...
Lamb Pilau Recipe
This super-fragrant pilau (also known as pilaf) is the perfect dish for a cosy night in. The combination of tender...