Butter Chicken Recipe
This is a much lighter and healthier version than a takeaway butter chicken. It’s also a very easy and quick recipe so is perfect for a midweek meal. I like to serve this with basmati rice, yoghurt and some steamed greens.
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 tsp smoked paprika or sweet paprika
- ½ tsp ground chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 680g tomato passata
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp cashew butter
- 4 chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- Cooked basmati rice, to serve
- Yoghurt, to serve
- Steamed greens, to serve
- In large saucepan, melt ghee over medium heat then add onion, garlic and salt (make sure onion is finely diced; otherwise you’ll get a chunky sauce). Cook onions and garlic on medium heat for about 5 mins or until softened.
- Add garam masala, turmeric, cumin, smoked paprika, chilli powder and salt and stir until combined. Continue to cook for 2 mins on medium heat, stirring all the time.
- Add tomato passata, water and cashew butter and stir until combined. Once sauce has come to boil, reduce heat to low and bring sauce to simmer.
- Add chopped chicken, cover and cook for further 30 mins. You will need to stir sauce occasionally to make sure it’s not sticking to bottom of pan.
Pumpkin & Walnut Breakfast Loaf Recipe
This nourishing pumpkin and walnut breakfast loaf is a healthy way to start the day, spread with some avocado, hummus...
Naked Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
All the benefits of Original Coconut Amino Sauce, friendly for your gut. This FODMAP Friendly, soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural,...
Wakame Cauliflower Fish & Chips Recipe
This gluten-free dish gives a Japanese twist to a much-loved English favourite, fish and chips, offering a fun and delicious...