Cajun Roasted Cauliflower with Avocado Coleslaw Pesto
Cajun cuisine is a style of cooking named for the French-speaking Acadian people deported by the British from Acadia in Canada to what is now called the Acadiana region of Louisiana. Cajun cuisine is sometimes referred to as a “rustic cuisine”, meaning that it is based on locally available ingredients and preparation is relatively simple. This dish is both easy to prepare and presents beautifully. The baked Cajun batter with the cauliflower is such an enjoyable combination.
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 1 tbsp Cajun spice
- ½ tsp vegetable stock powder
- ¼ cup plant-based milk
- ¼ cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ carrot, grated
- 1 cup finely shredded kale
- 1 cup finely shredded white cabbage
- ½ cup finely shredded red cabbage
- ¼ avocado, chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- Juice ½ lime
- Sprigs coriander, to serve
- Heat oven to 200°C and line baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place rice flour, Cajun spice and stock powder in bowl and whisk together well. Add milk and whisk to make batter, then set aside.
- Place cauliflower florets into batter and mix well to coat completely. Place florets onto lined baking tray, ensuring that none of the pieces are touching each other. Bake for 15–20 mins or until cauliflower is crisp and golden brown.
- For coleslaw, place garlic, carrot, kale, cabbage and avocado chunks into bowl. Add chopped coriander and chilli. Squeeze in lime juice. Massage avocado into salad and mix well.
- To serve, place salad onto board or platter and top with baked Cajun cauliflower.
- Finish with fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Chocolate Nice Cream with Strawberries Recipe
Decadent and sweet with natural sugars, this choc nice cream is the perfect sweet treat or pancake topper — and...
Original Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
The original not-soy sauce that’s famous for flavour. This soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and gluten free. Made from...
Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil — Niulife
Hand-made by small coastal villages in the pristine Solomon Islands, our single-origin wild-harvested Extra Virgin Coconut Oil provides a new...
BBQ Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
A deliciously rich and tangy sauce perfect for basting, dipping and pouring. This soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and...