Cauliflower Cheese Recipe
Traditionally, cauliflower cheese isn’t a healthy dish as it’s made with a rich cheesy sauce. This recipe offers a much healthier and lighter version that still tastes delicious. Don’t worry if you don’t have the concentrated bone broth — you can just leave that out.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 60g butter or olive oil
- 60g brown-rice flour
- 500mL almond milk
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 150g cheese, grated
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp concentrated bone broth
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place cauliflower florets in baking dish and set aside.
- Melt butter in small saucepan and add brown-rice flour. Stir constantly and allow to cook for 30 secs. It will be a sandy paste, which is normal.
- Add 250mL almond milk and whisk to thick paste with no lumps. Add remaining 250mL almond milk and whisk until combined. Add wholegrain mustard and garlic and continue whisking until you have lovely thick sauce.
- Remove from heat and add grated cheese, sea salt and bone broth. Stir until cheese has melted and is well combined.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower and bake for 40 mins until golden brown on top.
Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...
Sweet Spiced Carrot Loaf with Maple and Peanut Frosting
As a beginner baker I truly believe simple recipes like loaves are a great introduction to the kitchen. You can...