Cauliflower and Fennel Risotto Recipe
Risotto is like comfort food to me; it’s warm, soft, a little bit creamy and deliciously flavoured. Once you’ve got a basic risotto recipe, you really can work in any other flavours you like. I’ve created this risotto with two of my favourite vegetables, cauliflower and fennel, plus a gentle citrus twist from lemon thyme. Comfort food at its best.
- 2 fennel bulbs, cut into eighths
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, peeled & chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 1–1¼L vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tsp lemon thyme
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or pecorino cheese
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200ºC and line large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place fennel pieces and cauliflower florets on tray, toss with about 4 tbsp olive oil, season and cook in oven for 30 mins.
- While vegetables are cooking, make risotto by heating remaining olive oil in large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 3–4 mins until translucent, then add rice and cook, stirring frequently, for further 5–6 mins.
- Reduce heat to low and add stock 1 cup at a time to rice. Allow each cup to absorb before adding next cup, and stir frequently.
- Once last cup of stock is poured into rice, add cooked vegetables and lemon thyme and stir gently, leaving just a touch of liquid remaining in risotto from final cup of stock.
- Stir through Parmesan or pecorino, season with sea salt and black pepper and serve.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Berry and apple jellies
Fun to make and delicious to eat - these berry and apple jellies sure are a treat
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...