Cauliflower Rice Salad Recipe
This fresh, zesty salad is my grain-free twist on a rice salad. Using cauliflower rice, it becomes a particularly nutrient-dense, high-fibre salad with fresh Vietnamese flavours (especially if you can get your hands on the Vietnamese mint).
Serves: 4 as a side
- 500g cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, white part only, thinly sliced
- 10 snow peas, thinly sliced
- Bunch coriander, finely chopped
- ½ cup Vietnamese mint leaves, leaves picked from stems (can sub with regular mint)
- Handful snow pea sprouts or bean sprouts (optional)
- ⅓ cup cashew nuts, chopped & toasted
- 1 small red chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated or crushed
- Juice & zest 1 large or 2 small limes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sweetener (honey or rice-malt syrup)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In food processor, pulse cauliflower to grainy texture. You could also chop finely by hand or grate. Place in salad bowl.
- Add carrot, capsicum, spring onion and snow peas to cauliflower.
- Add herbs and sprouts.
- Make dressing by combining all ingredients in jar or small bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well to coat.
- Top with cashews and optional chilli and enjoy.
- Tip: Build this into a meal by serving it with grilled tempeh, tofu, chicken, pork or seafood.
The healing properties of acai berries
Native to Brazil, acai berries pack an antioxidant punch that yields an array of health benefits.
A guide to edible native Australian plants
Australia is blessed with a plethora of edible native plants. Many of these lesser-known Indigenous delights can be used in...
Discover the health benefits of the humble green bean
Green beans are actually the unripe fruit and fruit pods of the “common bean”. While they may be common, green...
Are you ready to join the coconut craze?
You see them everywhere — cracked open and ready to drink at fresh food markets and cold-pressed into jars at...