Cauliflower Rice Salad Recipe
This fresh, zesty salad is my grain-free twist on a rice salad. Using cauliflower rice, it becomes a particularly nutrient-dense, high-fibre salad with fresh Vietnamese flavours (especially if you can get your hands on the Vietnamese mint).
Serves: 4 as a side
- 500g cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, white part only, thinly sliced
- 10 snow peas, thinly sliced
- Bunch coriander, finely chopped
- ½ cup Vietnamese mint leaves, leaves picked from stems (can sub with regular mint)
- Handful snow pea sprouts or bean sprouts (optional)
- ⅓ cup cashew nuts, chopped & toasted
- 1 small red chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated or crushed
- Juice & zest 1 large or 2 small limes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sweetener (honey or rice-malt syrup)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In food processor, pulse cauliflower to grainy texture. You could also chop finely by hand or grate. Place in salad bowl.
- Add carrot, capsicum, spring onion and snow peas to cauliflower.
- Add herbs and sprouts.
- Make dressing by combining all ingredients in jar or small bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well to coat.
- Top with cashews and optional chilli and enjoy.
- Tip: Build this into a meal by serving it with grilled tempeh, tofu, chicken, pork or seafood.
Do you want to live to be 100? Read these strategies for reaching the milestone
The strategies for reaching this milestone include adequate sleep, maintaining a healthy microbiome, protein and maintaining healthy brain function.
Corned Beef Silverside Recipe
A classic corned beef, also known as silverside, screams English comfort food for me. On my English side, everyone loves...
How to grow your own salad greens and why you should
The salad you ate for lunch today may have used more fossil fuel than you did driving to work all...
A Q&A with Renae Smith, owner of Bake Mixes
We speak to Renae Smith, owner of Bake Mixes, an Australian brand who create food packs that you can make...