Cauliflower Rice Salad Recipe
This fresh, zesty salad is my grain-free twist on a rice salad. Using cauliflower rice, it becomes a particularly nutrient-dense, high-fibre salad with fresh Vietnamese flavours (especially if you can get your hands on the Vietnamese mint).
Serves: 4 as a side
- 500g cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, white part only, thinly sliced
- 10 snow peas, thinly sliced
- Bunch coriander, finely chopped
- ½ cup Vietnamese mint leaves, leaves picked from stems (can sub with regular mint)
- Handful snow pea sprouts or bean sprouts (optional)
- ⅓ cup cashew nuts, chopped & toasted
- 1 small red chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated or crushed
- Juice & zest 1 large or 2 small limes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sweetener (honey or rice-malt syrup)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In food processor, pulse cauliflower to grainy texture. You could also chop finely by hand or grate. Place in salad bowl.
- Add carrot, capsicum, spring onion and snow peas to cauliflower.
- Add herbs and sprouts.
- Make dressing by combining all ingredients in jar or small bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well to coat.
- Top with cashews and optional chilli and enjoy.
- Tip: Build this into a meal by serving it with grilled tempeh, tofu, chicken, pork or seafood.
Elevate your immunity with ancient Elderberry
Elderberries are one of the oldest herbal medicines and are especially useful during the cold and flu season. Discover how...
Heart of gold: In conversation with Lola Berry
Living fearlessly from the heart is at the core of Lola Berry’s existence. We sit down with the bestselling author,...
Ginger the great: spicy, warming and powerfully healing
Aromatic, tingling, spicy, pungent and warming, ginger adds bursts of flavour to your cooking, but this plant, favoured around the...
These are the key ingredients for a thriving microbiome
Discover the key to a happy gut with these simple ingredients.