Cauliflower and Turmeric Brown Rice Recipe
Eating cauliflower regularly will help boost your vitamin C levels and promote better collagen production, healthy adrenal function and strong immunity. Cauliflower also supplies plenty of vitamin K, needed for healthy bones and blood clotting and a great source of sulphur compounds, which assist liver detoxification and are needed to make glutathione, our main antioxidant in the body. The super spice turmeric contains high levels of a compound called curcumin, which has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory actions. Adding turmeric to meals regularly is a great way to help improve your liver function and protect against cardiovascular and other chronic diseases.
- ¾ cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 400g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup cashews, toasted
- ¼ cup sultanas
- Handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Juice & zest 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 200ºC and cover baking tray with baking paper.
- In medium saucepan, cook rice in vegetable stock with turmeric for around 45 mins or until rice is soft and cooked through. (Soaking rice overnight improves its digestibility and speeds up cooking time.)
- In small bowl, combine chilli, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper and garam masala.
- In medium bowl, toss cauliflower with spice mix and lay cauliflower out on baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and put in the oven for 30 mins.
- When rice and cauliflower are cooked, place them in large bowl.
- Lightly toast cashews in small frying pan and add to rice mixture.
- Add sultanas, mint and lemon zest and juice and toss gently until well combined. Serve hot or cold.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup Recipe
This Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup Recipe is very similar to a borscht soup, but with...
Salad of Zucchini, Sugar Snap Peas and Brown Lentils with Balsamic and Dijon Vinaigrette Recipe
This Salad of Zucchini, Peas and Lentils with Dijon Vinaigrette uses the beautiful ingredient red cabbage, a staple in the...
Vegan Beetroot Borscht with Chickpeas and Vegetables Recipe
This traditional beetroot soup incorporates a variety of other vegetables for extra nutrition. It can be eaten cold in the...
Pan-Fried Pineapple Recipe
In this Pan-Fried Pineapple recipe, you'll enjoy a simply luscious blend of caramelised sweetness and coconut yoghurt.