3 nourishing, plant-based dinner recipes the whole family will love
Plant-based goodness just got a whole lot better. Stuck for delicious meat-free options for lunch or dinner? Try Ceres Organics’ great plant-based options. From the new Banana Blossom, a great fish substitute, to jackfruit as a pulled pork substitute through to our plant protein-packed burger and fritter mixes, you can’t go wrong.
Mexican Jackfruit Nachos
Recipe / Ceres Organics
- 200g Ceres Organics Mexican Jackfruit Ready Meal
- 400g tin Ceres Organics Red Kidney Beans
- Corn chips, to serve
- 1 avocado, flesh mashed
- Large handful coriander, leaves picked
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 lime, wedges
- Heat a medium-size pan on low heat. Mix together the Mexican jackfruit mix and red kidney beans. Cook until heated through.
- On a large plate, layer corn chips, jackfruit mix and top with avocado, tomatoes, capsicum and coriander. Squeeze with lime and enjoy.
Banana Blossom Noodle Soup
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3cm piece ginger, sliced
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 star anise
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised
- 1 tbsp Ceres Organic Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp Ceres Organic Coconut Sugar
- 400g tin Ceres Organic Banana Blossoms, drained & rinsed
- To Serve
- 300g rice noodles, cooked & drained
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 long red chillies, sliced
- ½ cup mixed Asian herbs such as Thai basil leaves, Vietnamese mint or coriander
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger and shallots and cook for 3-4 mins until browned. Add the vegetable stock, star anise, cinnamon stick, lemongrass, soy sauce, rice vinegar and coconut sugar.
- Cut the banana blossoms into bite-sized pieces and add to the saucepan. Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 mins.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the star anise, cinnamon stick and lemongrass.
- Divide the noodles between the serving bowls. Ladle over banana blossoms and stock. Garnish with bean sprouts, spring onion, chillies and Asian herbs. Serve with lime wedges.
Fritter & Burger Mix Platter
- 1 pack Ceres Organics Herbalicious Fritter Mix
- 1 pack Ceres Organics Red Lentil & Black Sesame Burger Mix
- Almond Tahini Hummus
- 1 tin Ceres Organic Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans), rinsed & drained
- ½ cup Ceres Organic Tahini, Unhulled
- ½ cup Ceres Organic Almond Butter
- Juice 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup Ceres Organic Olive Oil Extra Virgin Cold-Pressed, plus more for drizzling
- To make the fritters and burgers, follow the pack instructions and make into mini sizes. Fry in a dash of olive oil.
- Add all hummus ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor and process until thick and creamy. Add additional oil if required to reach your desired consistency.
- Serve on one side of a large plate, topped with an extra drizzle of olive oil and a scattering of your favourite seeds, nuts or herbs. We love to pair this dish with parsley, salt and toasted sunflower seeds.
For more information visit ceresorganics.com.au
Veggie Rice Balls Recipe
These rice balls make a tasty lunch on-the-go or can be added to a wrap or served with a salad...
Veggie Soup in a Jar with Flavour Hits Recipe
Looking for an easy on-the-go lunch? This veggie soup in a jar has got you covered, with 3 delicious and...
5-Veg Vegan Ramen Recipe
This vegan ramen is packed with an abundance of different vegetables for a highly colourful and super nutritious dish the...