Chicken, Apple and Celery Salad Recipe
Poaching is a delicious way to cook chicken so it’s soft and tender. If you don’t have time to poach the chicken, you can always buy a roast chicken and strip the meat from it to use in this salad.
- 1L water
- ½ onion
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 free range organic chicken breasts
- 2 apples, cored & diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ½ cup currants
- ½ cup homemade or store-bought mayonnaise
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Add water, onion and bay leaves to pot over medium heat and bring to simmer. Add chicken breasts, making sure they are completely submerged. Simmer for 40 mins until chicken is cooked. Remove breasts from pot and allow to cool while you prepare rest of salad.
- Add apple, celery, currants, mayonnaise, sea salt, pepper and parsley to large bowl and mix until combined.
- Cut chicken breast into cubes and add to salad. Mix together well and store in fridge until ready to serve.
Vegetable Tagine Recipe
This recipe is one of my all-time favourites for using up leftover vegetables. It can be made in a tagine...
Lamb Pilau Recipe
This super-fragrant pilau (also known as pilaf) is the perfect dish for a cosy night in. The combination of tender...
Cauliflower, Chickpea & Pomegranate Tagine Recipe
Brassica vegetables such as cauliflower are nutrient-rich powerhouses that are loaded with disease-fighting vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals. Most of brassicas’...
Butter Chicken Clay Pot Recipe
Everything just tastes better in a clay pot — even this tasty, gluten-free butter chicken recipe! This version will help...