Chicken, Apple and Celery Salad Recipe
Poaching is a delicious way to cook chicken so it’s soft and tender. If you don’t have time to poach the chicken, you can always buy a roast chicken and strip the meat from it to use in this salad.
- 1L water
- ½ onion
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 free range organic chicken breasts
- 2 apples, cored & diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ½ cup currants
- ½ cup homemade or store-bought mayonnaise
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Add water, onion and bay leaves to pot over medium heat and bring to simmer. Add chicken breasts, making sure they are completely submerged. Simmer for 40 mins until chicken is cooked. Remove breasts from pot and allow to cool while you prepare rest of salad.
- Add apple, celery, currants, mayonnaise, sea salt, pepper and parsley to large bowl and mix until combined.
- Cut chicken breast into cubes and add to salad. Mix together well and store in fridge until ready to serve.
Banana Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Bananas are one of the best sources of vitamin B6, which is needed for a healthy nervous system. They also...
Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet Stalks and Whole Pumpkin Recipe
A wonderful way to use up vegetables and avoid food waste is by making this Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet...
Roasted Fennel Tart Recipe
In this Roasted Fennel Tart, the fennel has a lovely aniseed flavour and the fennel greens are rich in potassium,...
Spiced Cauliflower, Hazelnuts and Feta Recipe
This Spiced Cauliflower, Hazelnuts and Feta Recipe is fabulous to make ahead when you are entertaining or eat straight out...