Chicken, Apple and Celery Salad Recipe
Poaching is a delicious way to cook chicken so it’s soft and tender. If you don’t have time to poach the chicken, you can always buy a roast chicken and strip the meat from it to use in this salad.
- 1L water
- ½ onion
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 free range organic chicken breasts
- 2 apples, cored & diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ½ cup currants
- ½ cup homemade or store-bought mayonnaise
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Add water, onion and bay leaves to pot over medium heat and bring to simmer. Add chicken breasts, making sure they are completely submerged. Simmer for 40 mins until chicken is cooked. Remove breasts from pot and allow to cool while you prepare rest of salad.
- Add apple, celery, currants, mayonnaise, sea salt, pepper and parsley to large bowl and mix until combined.
- Cut chicken breast into cubes and add to salad. Mix together well and store in fridge until ready to serve.
5 healthy whole grains to add to your weekly food plan
A triple treat — nutritious, delicious and numerous — grains are powerhouses of nourishment and each of the many varieties...
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...
Chickpea, Quinoa & Avocado Poke Bowl Recipe
My Chickpea, Quinoa & Avocado Poke Bowl Recipe uses a varied array of colourful vegetables, which means you’re guaranteed a...