Chicken Schnitzel Recipe
This chicken schnitzel recipe is a healthy twist on the traditional recipe. The almond meal adds a lovely nutty flavour and makes the schnitzel nice and crunchy.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 cup blanched almond meal
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp brown rice flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Handful fresh thyme, to serve
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Cut chicken partially in half, making sure to not cut all the way through. Split chicken and place flat on board. Using either meat tenderiser or rolling pin, pound chicken until 4mm thick and same thickness throughout. Set aside.
- Add almond meal, garlic and sea salt to bowl and mix together until combined.
- Add egg to another bowl and flour to plate. You now want to start production line: coat chicken in flour, then egg and finally almond meal mixture.
- Heat olive oil in large frypan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook on each side for 5 mins. Make sure heat isn’t too high as you want chicken to be cooked all the way through and outside golden brown.
- Serve with fresh thyme and a lemon wedge.
Healthy Seed Crackers Recipe
Looking for a snack that is nut-, dairy- or gluten-free, with an egg-free option, too? Try our delicious Healthy Seed...
Banana Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Bananas are one of the best sources of vitamin B6, which is needed for a healthy nervous system. They also...
Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet Stalks and Whole Pumpkin Recipe
A wonderful way to use up vegetables and avoid food waste is by making this Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet...
Roasted Fennel Tart Recipe
In this Roasted Fennel Tart, the fennel has a lovely aniseed flavour and the fennel greens are rich in potassium,...