Chicken Schnitzel Recipe
This chicken schnitzel recipe is a healthy twist on the traditional recipe. The almond meal adds a lovely nutty flavour and makes the schnitzel nice and crunchy.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 cup blanched almond meal
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp brown rice flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Handful fresh thyme, to serve
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Cut chicken partially in half, making sure to not cut all the way through. Split chicken and place flat on board. Using either meat tenderiser or rolling pin, pound chicken until 4mm thick and same thickness throughout. Set aside.
- Add almond meal, garlic and sea salt to bowl and mix together until combined.
- Add egg to another bowl and flour to plate. You now want to start production line: coat chicken in flour, then egg and finally almond meal mixture.
- Heat olive oil in large frypan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook on each side for 5 mins. Make sure heat isn’t too high as you want chicken to be cooked all the way through and outside golden brown.
- Serve with fresh thyme and a lemon wedge.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Pancakes Hoppers Recipe
This recipe draws inspiration from Sri Lankan hoppers, which are fermented pancakes made from rice flour, served for breakfast with...
Pumpkin and Cashew Curry Recipe
You can add other vegies or nuts and seeds to this lovely, versatile curry. The warming spices are anti-inflammatory and...
Chicken, Apple and Celery Salad Recipe
Poaching is a delicious way to cook chicken so it’s soft and tender. If you don’t have time to poach...
Prebiotic Tray Bake Recipe
Roasting is a great way to cheer up any vegetable that may have been left in the fridge too long....