Chicken Schnitzel Recipe
This chicken schnitzel recipe is a healthy twist on the traditional recipe. The almond meal adds a lovely nutty flavour and makes the schnitzel nice and crunchy.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 cup blanched almond meal
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp brown rice flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Handful fresh thyme, to serve
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Cut chicken partially in half, making sure to not cut all the way through. Split chicken and place flat on board. Using either meat tenderiser or rolling pin, pound chicken until 4mm thick and same thickness throughout. Set aside.
- Add almond meal, garlic and sea salt to bowl and mix together until combined.
- Add egg to another bowl and flour to plate. You now want to start production line: coat chicken in flour, then egg and finally almond meal mixture.
- Heat olive oil in large frypan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook on each side for 5 mins. Make sure heat isn’t too high as you want chicken to be cooked all the way through and outside golden brown.
- Serve with fresh thyme and a lemon wedge.
Elderflower and Blackberry Chia Jam Recipe
Chia jam is one of the easiest recipes you’ll make. You can use any combination of berries, although it doesn’t...
Sweet Quinoa and Cacao Risotto Recipe
Risotto isn’t just a lunch or dinner meal, it can absolutely be a dessert or breakfast! I’ve combined my go-to...
Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and...
Pumpkin, Basil and Buckwheat Risotto Recipe
The traditional rice-based risotto has been given a wholesome twist in this recipe. The buckwheat gives a divine nuttiness to...