Chicken Schnitzel Recipe
This chicken schnitzel recipe is a healthy twist on the traditional recipe. The almond meal adds a lovely nutty flavour and makes the schnitzel nice and crunchy.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 cup blanched almond meal
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp brown rice flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Handful fresh thyme, to serve
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Cut chicken partially in half, making sure to not cut all the way through. Split chicken and place flat on board. Using either meat tenderiser or rolling pin, pound chicken until 4mm thick and same thickness throughout. Set aside.
- Add almond meal, garlic and sea salt to bowl and mix together until combined.
- Add egg to another bowl and flour to plate. You now want to start production line: coat chicken in flour, then egg and finally almond meal mixture.
- Heat olive oil in large frypan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook on each side for 5 mins. Make sure heat isn’t too high as you want chicken to be cooked all the way through and outside golden brown.
- Serve with fresh thyme and a lemon wedge.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Pear and Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe
These thin Pear and Cinnamon Pancakes are worth the little bit of extra time they take to make. Plus, the...
Smoked Kransky and Sweet Potato Stew with Red Sauerkraut Recipe
In this dish, be sure to buy the best-quality kransky sausages you can find at a reputable butcher or deli...
German Cucumber Salad with Eggs Recipe
The most popular form of German cucumber salad is soaked in sour cream, but we prefer this vinaigrette version —...