Chicken Schnitzel Recipe
This chicken schnitzel recipe is a healthy twist on the traditional recipe. The almond meal adds a lovely nutty flavour and makes the schnitzel nice and crunchy.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 cup blanched almond meal
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp brown rice flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Handful fresh thyme, to serve
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Cut chicken partially in half, making sure to not cut all the way through. Split chicken and place flat on board. Using either meat tenderiser or rolling pin, pound chicken until 4mm thick and same thickness throughout. Set aside.
- Add almond meal, garlic and sea salt to bowl and mix together until combined.
- Add egg to another bowl and flour to plate. You now want to start production line: coat chicken in flour, then egg and finally almond meal mixture.
- Heat olive oil in large frypan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook on each side for 5 mins. Make sure heat isn’t too high as you want chicken to be cooked all the way through and outside golden brown.
- Serve with fresh thyme and a lemon wedge.
5 healthy whole grains to add to your weekly food plan
A triple treat — nutritious, delicious and numerous — grains are powerhouses of nourishment and each of the many varieties...
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...
Chickpea, Quinoa & Avocado Poke Bowl Recipe
My Chickpea, Quinoa & Avocado Poke Bowl Recipe uses a varied array of colourful vegetables, which means you’re guaranteed a...