Chickpea Vegetable Tagine Recipe
Science confirms that diets containing a diverse range of vegetables produce healthier gut bacteria. So while eating vegetables is important, eating a good variety is beneficial for your gut and also nutritionally. This tagine is one very nourishing pot of plant-powered goodness. Don’t be put off by the long list of ingredients — remember that variety is a good thing. The method is really simple (just 30 mins of prep) and it produces a delicious, rich, hearty stew. Leftovers are delicious for lunch the next day.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 5cm ginger root, finely grated
- 2 eggplant, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 425g chickpeas, drained & rinsed (or one cup cooked)
- ¼ cup currants
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp ground harissa
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp sea salt
- Grind black pepper
700g tomato passata
- 250mL stock or broth
2 cups cauliflower, broken into pieces
- 2 red capsicums, diced
Handful green beans, topped & tailed
- ½ cup green olives
Bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- In cast-iron saucepan or slow cooker, place olive oil, onion, garlic, ginger, eggplant, carrots, zucchini, sweet potato, honey, chickpeas, currants, spices, seasoning, passata and stock or broth.
- Cover with lid and simmer slowly for 90 mins.
- Add cauliflower, capsicum, beans and olives and cook for another 30 mins.
- Serve over rice, couscous, buckwheat or quinoa with coriander and lemon wedges.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Berry and apple jellies
Fun to make and delicious to eat - these berry and apple jellies sure are a treat
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...