Wheat-free Chocolate Zucchini Cake
This delicious chocolate zucchini cake is super-moist and light, and the best thing is it’s good for you. It’s is a delicious way to get some extra vegetables into your family’s diet without them knowing it. The cake is packed with wholesome ingredients that provide plenty of dietary fibre, calcium, magnesium and zinc for digestive health, strong bones and good nervous system function.
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 egg
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/3 cup raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple-cider vinegar
- 1 cup wheat-free rolled oats (made into flour) or gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Good pinch sea salt
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup coconut cream (use the solid part of a tin of coconut cream)
- Decorate with roughly chopped pistachios & rose petals
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and grease and line an 8 x 8-inch round cake tin with baking paper.
- Using a nut bag, muslin cloth or tea towel, squeeze out as much water as you can from the grated zucchini.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg with coconut milk, almond butter, honey and apple-cider vinegar.
- In another bowl, combine oat flour, cacao powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and gently combine. Stir through zucchini.
- Spoon the mixture into your cake tin and bake for 28-30 mins until a skewer comes out cleanly from the centre.
- While your cake is cooking, make the ganache. In a small saucepan heat the coconut cream and chocolate on low heat. Stir until melted and well combined. Set aside to cool for at least an hour. Using an electric hand beater blend ganache so it is smooth and silky.
- Allow your cake to cool completely before topping it with ganache, pistachios and rose petals.
3 healthy winter treats to satisfy your inner choc-aholic
Beat the winter chills with these deliciously warming treats, made with Organic Merchant’s Spirit Dust to give your body the...
Mini Gluten-Free Chocolate Cakes Recipe
These mini gluten-free chocolate cakes offer a healthier alternative to sweet treats, using unrefined sweetener for a beautiful caramel flavour.
Pana Organic Baking Pieces (White, Mylk, Caramel & Dark)
It’s the moment your inner chef has been waiting for … Pana Organic’s guilt- and gluten-free bake range is here....