Christmas Chocolate Almond and Pistachio Cookies Recipe
Pistachios are laden with antioxidants, including lutein, beta-carotene and vitamin E, which makes them a healthy choice for looking after your cardiovascular health. Pistachios are also beneficial for the gut as they’re a prebiotic food that helps friendly gut bacteria flourish.
Makes: 8 large cookies
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup cold-pressed coconut oil or organic grass-fed butter
- 100g good-quality dark chocolate
- Handful pistachios, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In large bowl place almond meal, coconut flour, bicarb and sea salt.
- In medium bowl combine egg, vanilla, almond extract, honey and coconut oil.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and gently combine until crumbly dough.
- Roll dough into ball and place in fridge for 30 mins, covered.
- Sprinkle some almond meal on chopping board and place dough in middle. Roll out dough with rolling pin until about 1cm thick.
- Using a large round cookie cutter cut out cookies and place on baking trays.
- Bake for around 8 mins until cookies start to brown. Transfer onto cooling rack.
- Once cooled completely, dip half of each cookie in dark chocolate and sprinkle with pistachios.
- Cookies keep well in the fridge for a week.
Atkins Chocolate Break Bar
The Atkins Chocolate Break bar is a delicious wafer treat covered in smooth milk chocolate.
Atkins Chocolate Raspberry — 5 Bar Box
A delicious fudge filling with a fruity raspberry layer! With 7.5 grams of protein, it makes the perfect snack when...
Atkins Chocolate Hazelnut Crisp — 5 Bar Box
The Atkins Chocolate Hazelnut Crisp bar is a crunchy and chocolatey snack filled with delicious hazelnuts!
Atkins Smooth Chocolate Ready to Drink
The perfect shake when watching your carb intake. Made with gluten-free ingredients and with less than one gram of sugar,...