Coconut Hot Chocolate
This hot choccie is dairy-free and deliciously warming on a cold day. Teach your older kids how to make this and serve to you in bed! Younger kids can have fun with the decorating at the end.
- 1L coconut milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder or raw cacao
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra to garnish
- Whipped coconut cream, mini choc chips & marshmallows, to garnish
- Pour coconut milk into saucepan and whisk over medium heat. When hot, pour out ¼ cup of milk into bowl and add cocoa powder. Stir until smooth paste forms, then pour back into saucepan.
- Add maple syrup and cinnamon and whisk until combined.
- Pour into serving glasses and garnish with whipped coconut cream, mini choc chips, marshmallows and pinch of cinnamon.
Split Pea, Smoked Tofu and Barley Soup Recipe
When I was a kid, my mum made the best pea and ham soup. Now that I’m vegan I’ve created...
Vegie Balls & Wholemeal Penne in Tomato Sauce with Pesto Recipe
This is my plant-based version of the classic Italian pasta and meatballs. You can make super-good balls from vegies and...
Plant-Based Butterbean Chickpea Tagine Recipe
Hands down some of the easiest yet wow-factor dishes are those that land in a slow cooker. The slow,...
Hemp and Mushroom Risotto Recipe
This is an interesting way to use hemp. It has a clean and creamy texture and flavour.