Coconut Oil Roasted Vegies with Maple Toasted Seeds Recipe
This side dish is the definition of “eat the rainbow every day”. Make it into a main meal salad by serving it mixed with a handful of baby spinach and some pan-fried haloumi or a poached egg.
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced into 8 wedges
- 500g pumpkin, sliced into 3cm chunks
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced into 3cm chunks
- 4 small beetroot, quartered
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into 3cm chunks
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Maple Toasted Seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Heat oven to 200°C. Place all vegetables on large roasting tray, separating into their own sections, if you like (this just stops the beetroot juice rubbing onto other vegies and ruining pretty colours of final dish). Drizzle with coconut oil and gently mix each vegetable section to coat. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 20 mins or until tender.
- Meanwhile, make toasted seeds. Place coconut oil in small saucepan with pine nuts. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2–3 mins until starting to turn a light golden-brown. Add pumpkin and sesame seeds and cook, stirring, for 30 secs more. Take off heat and stir in maple syrup.
- Drizzle over vegies and serve.
Jamaican Chocolate Semifreddo Recipe
Looking for the ultimate vegan dessert? The flavours of delectable Jamaican chocolate shine through in this nourishing but delicious treat.
Jamaican Eggplant Jerk & Watermelon Salad Recipe
This vegan recipe uses classic Jamaican flavours that balance the sweet with the spicy. The perfect meal for family sharing...
Sweet Corn Puree With Baked Cauliflower & Spinach
This recipe transforms wholesome sweet corn into a heavenly miso-flavoured puree to match with baked cauliflower and sautéed spinach.
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
These crunchy roasted chickpeas are delicious as a healthy snack, as an appetiser with olives, dips, or to add some...