Coconut Oil Roasted Vegies with Maple Toasted Seeds Recipe
This side dish is the definition of “eat the rainbow every day”. Make it into a main meal salad by serving it mixed with a handful of baby spinach and some pan-fried haloumi or a poached egg.
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced into 8 wedges
- 500g pumpkin, sliced into 3cm chunks
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced into 3cm chunks
- 4 small beetroot, quartered
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into 3cm chunks
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Maple Toasted Seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Heat oven to 200°C. Place all vegetables on large roasting tray, separating into their own sections, if you like (this just stops the beetroot juice rubbing onto other vegies and ruining pretty colours of final dish). Drizzle with coconut oil and gently mix each vegetable section to coat. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 20 mins or until tender.
- Meanwhile, make toasted seeds. Place coconut oil in small saucepan with pine nuts. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2–3 mins until starting to turn a light golden-brown. Add pumpkin and sesame seeds and cook, stirring, for 30 secs more. Take off heat and stir in maple syrup.
- Drizzle over vegies and serve.
Vegan Mushroom Croquettes with Cashew Aioli Recipe
Baked for optimum health, these creamy vegan mushroom croquettes offer a deliciously moreish appetiser, snack or dinner staple.
Niulife Organic Coconut Milk Powder —
Use in place of milk or milk powder in smoothies, cooking, baking, and dessert making. 100% of profits from...
Niulife Vegan Fysh Sauce — Kokonut Pacific
With the same great taste, this plant-powered seasoning is a deliciously healthy alternative to fish sauce.
Raw Mango Spring Rolls Recipe
These fresh and tasty raw mango spring rolls make a wholesome vegan starter or lunch, packed with plenty of antioxidant...