Crustless Vegetable Quiche Recipe
Enjoy this gut-friendly twist on the classic French quiche with a side of fresh greens. This petit plaisir is a lovely dish to throw together on the weekend, to cut into convenient portions for delicious packed lunches throughout the week. Eggs provide the perfect proportion of fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed to sustain you throughout your day.
- 8 eggs
- 125mL almond milk
- Handful basil leaves
- 1 thyme sprig, leaves picked
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 10 asparagus spears, cut into 2.5cm lengths
- 2 cups sautéed chopped mixed vegetables, such as leek, red onion, garlic, baby spinach, zucchini, red capsicum, cherry tomatoes & rocket
- Mint leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease 22cm pie dish or ovenproof frying pan.
- Whisk eggs well in large bowl, then whisk in almond milk, herbs, cumin, salt and yeast flakes.
- Lightly sauté asparagus. Evenly scatter asparagus and sautéed vegetables around pie dish and pour egg mixture over top.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 25–30 mins or until quiche is set in the middle and top is puffy and lightly browned.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature, garnished with mint if desired.
5 healthy whole grains to add to your weekly food plan
A triple treat — nutritious, delicious and numerous — grains are powerhouses of nourishment and each of the many varieties...
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...
Chickpea, Quinoa & Avocado Poke Bowl Recipe
My Chickpea, Quinoa & Avocado Poke Bowl Recipe uses a varied array of colourful vegetables, which means you’re guaranteed a...