Crustless Vegetable Quiche Recipe
Enjoy this gut-friendly twist on the classic French quiche with a side of fresh greens. This petit plaisir is a lovely dish to throw together on the weekend, to cut into convenient portions for delicious packed lunches throughout the week. Eggs provide the perfect proportion of fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed to sustain you throughout your day.
- 8 eggs
- 125mL almond milk
- Handful basil leaves
- 1 thyme sprig, leaves picked
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 10 asparagus spears, cut into 2.5cm lengths
- 2 cups sautéed chopped mixed vegetables, such as leek, red onion, garlic, baby spinach, zucchini, red capsicum, cherry tomatoes & rocket
- Mint leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease 22cm pie dish or ovenproof frying pan.
- Whisk eggs well in large bowl, then whisk in almond milk, herbs, cumin, salt and yeast flakes.
- Lightly sauté asparagus. Evenly scatter asparagus and sautéed vegetables around pie dish and pour egg mixture over top.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 25–30 mins or until quiche is set in the middle and top is puffy and lightly browned.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature, garnished with mint if desired.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Gluten-Free Strawberry Strudel Recipe
This is a healthy gluten-free version of a traditional German strudel. If you can, make your own healthy pastry instead...
Lemon and Berry Pancakes Recipe
These Gluten-free Healthy Lemon and Berry Pancakes remind use of a lemon and berry cheesecake. They taste so good!
Pear and Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe
These thin Pear and Cinnamon Pancakes are worth the little bit of extra time they take to make. Plus, the...
Smoked Kransky and Sweet Potato Stew with Red Sauerkraut Recipe
In this dish, be sure to buy the best-quality kransky sausages you can find at a reputable butcher or deli...