Cheesy Green Pockets Recipe
This is an easy yet tasty recipe, perfect for sharing. Each toasted cheese pocket is filled with a mix of green vegetables and cheese, a classic combination loved by all. Make a double batch as they’ll be super popular with your friends and family.
- 300g wholemeal spelt flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 250g full-fat natural yoghurt (or Greek yoghurt)
- ½ tsp apple-cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 120g leafy greens (spinach, rocket, kale, silver beet, soft-leaf herbs), finely chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 200g feta, crumbled
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 lemon, wedges to serve
- 60mL olive oil
- Place spelt flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl and mix to combine. Add the yoghurt, apple-cider vinegar and olive oil and mix well. Knead for 30 secs then divide into 8 balls and rest on a floured board.
- In one bowl, place the finely diced greens.
- In a second bowl, combine the spring onion, garlic, parmesan, feta, cumin, pepper and zest of 1 lemon.
- Roll the dough into 15-20cm circles. Place ½ cup of the greens and 2 tbsp of the cheese mixture on one half of the dough.
- Fold it over, pressing the edges together roughly.
- Heat a non-stick or cast-iron pan to a moderate heat. Add olive oil and fry until golden brown on each side, about 2-3 mins each side.
- While the first one or two pockets are cooking, start forming the next two, repeating until all are cooked. Set aside cooked pockets on a plate until all are cooked.
- Serve immediately with wedges of lemon.
Persian Baked Eggs Recipe
This Persian baked eggs dish is like comfort in a bowl. Dial up the spice with the addition of chilli,...
Crispy Persian Rice Recipe
This pan-fried Persian rice dish has a crisp golden crust with soft fluffy rice inside. It's a delicious side dish...
Roast Pumpkin & Spinach Lasagne Recipe
This vegetarian lasagne recipe is the ultimate winter warmer, packed with nourishing veggies and gluten-free goodness the whole family will...
Vegetable Pasties with Spelt & Ghee Crust Recipe
These pasties are a beautiful and nourishing take on a traditional pastry filled with vegetables and herbs. Eat fresh out...