Egg Cups Recipe
This is a really quick way for kids to make a “meal in a cup”. The best thing about this recipe is they have complete control over what they put in their egg cups (all kids love to be in charge!). Even very young kids can make this with a little help from Mum in prepping the casings and fillings.
- Casing Ideas
- Mountain bread or another good-quality wrap
- Smoked salmon
- Capsicum, cut in half & deseeded
- Tomato, top cut off & seeds removed
- 1 egg per casing (can be left whole or beaten)
- Bacon or ham, diced
- Small mushroom, halved
- Cherry tomatoes
- Caramelised onion
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cheese (feta, goat’s, cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Choose casing and place in greased or lined muffin tin. If using wrap, bacon or smoked salmon, place around edge of muffin hole to roughly line it.
- Add egg and any additional fillings.
- Assemble egg cups and bake for approximately 20 mins, or until egg is cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
- Tip: Leftovers are great for lunch the next day.
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Spanish Eggs with Potato Wedges Recipe
Not only are Spanish Eggs delicious, they're also a nourishing way to start the day!
Sponsor Recipes: Abe's Bagels
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with Abe's Bagels.
Healthy Caesar Salad Recipe
This healthy, mayonnaise-free version of a chicken Caesar salad is packed with flavour and important health-promoting nutrients.
Red Duck and Lychee Curry Recipe
Duck is often more expensive than other poultry. This curry is a very economical way to enjoy it more regularly.