Egg Cups Recipe
This is a really quick way for kids to make a “meal in a cup”. The best thing about this recipe is they have complete control over what they put in their egg cups (all kids love to be in charge!). Even very young kids can make this with a little help from Mum in prepping the casings and fillings.
- Casing Ideas
- Mountain bread or another good-quality wrap
- Smoked salmon
- Capsicum, cut in half & deseeded
- Tomato, top cut off & seeds removed
- 1 egg per casing (can be left whole or beaten)
- Bacon or ham, diced
- Small mushroom, halved
- Cherry tomatoes
- Caramelised onion
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cheese (feta, goat’s, cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Choose casing and place in greased or lined muffin tin. If using wrap, bacon or smoked salmon, place around edge of muffin hole to roughly line it.
- Add egg and any additional fillings.
- Assemble egg cups and bake for approximately 20 mins, or until egg is cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
- Tip: Leftovers are great for lunch the next day.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Watch out for palm oil in your chocolates
A diet rich in saturated fats and sugar not only causes obesity but also leads to inflammation in the brain.
Why stress and eating late is not good for you
A new research shows that hunger levels rise in the evenings and that stress may impact hunger levels even more.
Whole eggs or egg whites?
Researchers uncover the difference in ingesting egg whites or whole eggs can affect muscle-building protein synthesis after exercise.
All you need to know about gout, a painful form of arthritis
In this clinical case we take an in-depth look at gout, a painful form of arthritis. Read more.