Egg Cups Recipe
This is a really quick way for kids to make a “meal in a cup”. The best thing about this recipe is they have complete control over what they put in their egg cups (all kids love to be in charge!). Even very young kids can make this with a little help from Mum in prepping the casings and fillings.
- Casing Ideas
- Mountain bread or another good-quality wrap
- Smoked salmon
- Capsicum, cut in half & deseeded
- Tomato, top cut off & seeds removed
- 1 egg per casing (can be left whole or beaten)
- Bacon or ham, diced
- Small mushroom, halved
- Cherry tomatoes
- Caramelised onion
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cheese (feta, goat’s, cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Choose casing and place in greased or lined muffin tin. If using wrap, bacon or smoked salmon, place around edge of muffin hole to roughly line it.
- Add egg and any additional fillings.
- Assemble egg cups and bake for approximately 20 mins, or until egg is cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
- Tip: Leftovers are great for lunch the next day.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Eating eggs reduces cardiovascular disease
People who consume an egg a day could significantly reduce their risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Are artificial sweeteners good for you?
Artificial sweeteners have the same negative outcomes as sugar does which is linked to obesity and diabetes.
Cooking skills in adolescents leads to a healthier life
Developing cooking skills as a young adult has long-term benefits for health and wellbeing.
Does pasta cause weight gain?
A new study suggests that pasta does not contribute to weight gain like other carbohydrates.