Egg Cups RecipeCredit: Georgia Harding
This is a really quick way for kids to make a “meal in a cup”. The best thing about this recipe is they have complete control over what they put in their egg cups (all kids love to be in charge!). Even very young kids can make this with a little help from Mum in prepping the casings and fillings.
- Casing Ideas
- Mountain bread or another good-quality wrap
- Smoked salmon
- Capsicum, cut in half & deseeded
- Tomato, top cut off & seeds removed
- 1 egg per casing (can be left whole or beaten)
- Bacon or ham, diced
- Small mushroom, halved
- Cherry tomatoes
- Caramelised onion
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cheese (feta, goat’s, cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Choose casing and place in greased or lined muffin tin. If using wrap, bacon or smoked salmon, place around edge of muffin hole to roughly line it.
- Add egg and any additional fillings.
- Assemble egg cups and bake for approximately 20 mins, or until egg is cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
- Tip: Leftovers are great for lunch the next day.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Why you should eat like a Scandinavian
Scandinavian countries are known for their openness and their minimalist aesthetic, but you can take notes from the Nords in...
Soba Noodles with Prawns & Edamame Recipe
Want to know the secret to this warm noodle dish? Add the dressing right at the end so it still...
Sponsor Recipes: That’s Amore Cheese
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with That’s Amore Cheese.
Sugary drinks with high-protein meals lead to weight gain
A sugar-sweetened drink with a high protein meal can store more fat and negatively affect your energy balance.