Egg Cups RecipeCredit: Georgia Harding
This is a really quick way for kids to make a “meal in a cup”. The best thing about this recipe is they have complete control over what they put in their egg cups (all kids love to be in charge!). Even very young kids can make this with a little help from Mum in prepping the casings and fillings.
- Casing Ideas
- Mountain bread or another good-quality wrap
- Smoked salmon
- Capsicum, cut in half & deseeded
- Tomato, top cut off & seeds removed
- 1 egg per casing (can be left whole or beaten)
- Bacon or ham, diced
- Small mushroom, halved
- Cherry tomatoes
- Caramelised onion
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cheese (feta, goat’s, cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Choose casing and place in greased or lined muffin tin. If using wrap, bacon or smoked salmon, place around edge of muffin hole to roughly line it.
- Add egg and any additional fillings.
- Assemble egg cups and bake for approximately 20 mins, or until egg is cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
- Tip: Leftovers are great for lunch the next day.
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
How to manage weight gain for a health pregnancy?
Excessive weight gain during pregnancy can have adverse effects on mother and baby, but exercise and diet can reduce risks.
Sugar Snap Peas, Pearl Couscous and Grated Vegetable Salad Recipe
In this recipe, the colourful vegetables complement the texture of the couscous and the dressing ties it all together wonderfully.
Sponsor Recipes: The Chia Co.
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with The Chia Co.
Warm Steamed Beetroot and Goat’s Cheese Salad Recipe
This Warm Steamed Beetroot and Goat’s Cheese Salad is the perfect quick lunch or dinner option.