Fruity Festive Skewers Recipe
This is such a fun dish to make, one you could save until Christmas Day and make with all of the kids in the family. Make sure you use fruit that is firm and not too ripe, otherwise it won’t hold its shape once it’s skewered.
Makes: 12 skewers
- 1 pomegranate
- 150g fresh raspberries
- 150g fresh blackberries
- ½ watermelon, cut into slices
- 6 kiwifruit, cut into slices
- 2 cups plain coconut yoghurt
- 12 wooden skewers
- Cut pomegranate in half and tap seeds into bowl. Set aside and discard remainder. Place raspberries and blackberries in separate bowls and set aside.
- Place watermelon slices on chopping board and using Christmas cookie cutters cut out as many stars and Christmas tree shapes as you can. Repeat process with kiwifruit. Place all pieces into bowls and set aside.
- Assemble fruit onto 12 skewers. There is no right order to add fruit to skewers; I found I fit 5 pieces of fruit per skewer and I kept the same pattern for each skewer.
- Spread coconut yoghurt over serving platter. Top with fruit skewers and scatter over pomegranate seeds just before serving.
Soft Tacos with Mango Salsa Recipe
These vegan tacos have tastes and textures that really pop in your mouth. And we've added a sweet mango salsa...