Gingerbread Biscuits Recipe
Run! Run as fast as you can! These wickedly good gingerbread men won’t last long on the table. No weekend platter would be complete without these classic biscuits. The best part is while they are being baked your house will fill with an inviting biscuit aroma, ready for arriving guests.
Makes: 8 biscuits
- 1½ cups almond meal
- 1½ tsp stevia powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp ground or fresh ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp soda water
- 1 cup almond butter
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Dried currants, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 175°C and grease baking tray.
- In bowl, stir together almond meal, stevia, salt, ginger, other spices and soda water.
- Warm almond butter slightly and mix with eggs and vanilla until mixture is smooth.
- Add to almond meal mixture and mix well.
- Roll mixture to desired thickness and, using gingerbread man cutter, cut shapes.
- Decorate with currants.
- Place well-spaced on baking paper on prepared tray.
- Bake until crisp and golden, about 15–20 mins.
- Cool a little on tray before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
Sweet Quinoa and Cacao Risotto Recipe
Risotto isn’t just a lunch or dinner meal, it can absolutely be a dessert or breakfast! I’ve combined my go-to...
Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and...
Pumpkin, Basil and Buckwheat Risotto Recipe
The traditional rice-based risotto has been given a wholesome twist in this recipe. The buckwheat gives a divine nuttiness to...