Gingerbread Biscuits Recipe
Run! Run as fast as you can! These wickedly good gingerbread men won’t last long on the table. No weekend platter would be complete without these classic biscuits. The best part is while they are being baked your house will fill with an inviting biscuit aroma, ready for arriving guests.
Makes: 8 biscuits
- 1½ cups almond meal
- 1½ tsp stevia powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp ground or fresh ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp soda water
- 1 cup almond butter
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Dried currants, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 175°C and grease baking tray.
- In bowl, stir together almond meal, stevia, salt, ginger, other spices and soda water.
- Warm almond butter slightly and mix with eggs and vanilla until mixture is smooth.
- Add to almond meal mixture and mix well.
- Roll mixture to desired thickness and, using gingerbread man cutter, cut shapes.
- Decorate with currants.
- Place well-spaced on baking paper on prepared tray.
- Bake until crisp and golden, about 15–20 mins.
- Cool a little on tray before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
Lemon and Cranberry Green Beans
This healthy dish is full of festive colours. The bright green beans and cranberries will add lovely Christmas tones to...
Egg and Wild Mushroom Tart
This tart is lovely topped with fresh basil leaves and is a great addition to the Christmas buffet table. It...
Roasted Fig, Walnut and Goat’s Cheese Salad
Goat’s cheese, fig and beetroot were made for one another.
Greek Lamb Skewers in Pita Recipe
Get your iron boost for the week with these Greek marinated lamb skewers served with fresh herbs and plenty of...