Korean Chicken with Slaw Recipe
This quick and easy Korean-inspired chicken dish is a fabulous mid-week meal. The sweet, salty, sour and spicy combination of flavours is a real winner.
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp rice-malt syrup or honey
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp chilli (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 6–8 chicken thighs, deboned & skin off, diced into 2–3cm pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ white or wombok cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled & cut into strips
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar + 1 tsp sea salt
- Mix together all ingredients of marinade until well combined. Pour over chicken, cover and leave to marinate for 30 mins or overnight.
- Heat cast-iron pan or barbecue plate to moderate.
- Add olive oil followed by chicken and marinade. Stir to cook until chicken is cooked through and marinade has caramelised (about 10–15 mins).
- Make salad by combining cabbage with strips of carrot, mint and coriander leaves.
- Make dressing by shaking all ingredients in small jar until well combined. Dress salad just before serving, tossing well.
- Divide salad between four bowls and top with chicken when cooked. Sprinkle over sesame seeds and enjoy immediately.
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
If you’re not normally a lover of Brussels sprouts, this dish is sure to turn you into a fan! The...
Fig, Hazelnut and Goat’s Cheese Tart Recipe
This tart is the perfect bring-along if you’re invited to dinner and want to contribute a dessert with some wow...
Chicken and Thyme Pot Pies Recipe
Pies are one of my favourite ways to add comfort during the autumn and winter months. I feel a little...
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This pumpkin bread is nutrient-rich, high in protein and fibre, free from grains and gluten and can be made dairy-free....