Korean Chicken with Slaw Recipe
This quick and easy Korean-inspired chicken dish is a fabulous mid-week meal. The sweet, salty, sour and spicy combination of flavours is a real winner.
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp rice-malt syrup or honey
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp chilli (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 6–8 chicken thighs, deboned & skin off, diced into 2–3cm pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ white or wombok cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled & cut into strips
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar + 1 tsp sea salt
- Mix together all ingredients of marinade until well combined. Pour over chicken, cover and leave to marinate for 30 mins or overnight.
- Heat cast-iron pan or barbecue plate to moderate.
- Add olive oil followed by chicken and marinade. Stir to cook until chicken is cooked through and marinade has caramelised (about 10–15 mins).
- Make salad by combining cabbage with strips of carrot, mint and coriander leaves.
- Make dressing by shaking all ingredients in small jar until well combined. Dress salad just before serving, tossing well.
- Divide salad between four bowls and top with chicken when cooked. Sprinkle over sesame seeds and enjoy immediately.
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...