Korean Chicken with Slaw Recipe
This quick and easy Korean-inspired chicken dish is a fabulous mid-week meal. The sweet, salty, sour and spicy combination of flavours is a real winner.
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp rice-malt syrup or honey
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp chilli (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 6–8 chicken thighs, deboned & skin off, diced into 2–3cm pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ white or wombok cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled & cut into strips
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar + 1 tsp sea salt
- Mix together all ingredients of marinade until well combined. Pour over chicken, cover and leave to marinate for 30 mins or overnight.
- Heat cast-iron pan or barbecue plate to moderate.
- Add olive oil followed by chicken and marinade. Stir to cook until chicken is cooked through and marinade has caramelised (about 10–15 mins).
- Make salad by combining cabbage with strips of carrot, mint and coriander leaves.
- Make dressing by shaking all ingredients in small jar until well combined. Dress salad just before serving, tossing well.
- Divide salad between four bowls and top with chicken when cooked. Sprinkle over sesame seeds and enjoy immediately.
Greek Lamb Skewers in Pita Recipe
Get your iron boost for the week with these Greek marinated lamb skewers served with fresh herbs and plenty of...
Spicy Beef Lettuce Cups Recipe
These lettuce cups are my take on the san choy bau and combine lean beef mince with fresh herbs and...
Asian Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy Recipe
This recipe is super-easy to make and is guaranteed to be on midweek meal rotation. The glaze is Asian-inspired and...
Chickpea Vegetable Tagine Recipe
Science confirms that diets containing a diverse range of vegetables produce healthier gut bacteria. So while eating vegetables is important,...