Gluten-free Vegan Earth Patties Recipe
Tofu is a highly nutritious food that gives this dish a good boost in protein, calcium and B vitamins. Eating tofu has been associated with lowering cholesterol levels and reducing risk of heart disease. Tofu also contains phyto-oestrogens, which can be helpful for relieving menopausal symptoms in women. Always choose organic tofu to avoid genetically modified soybeans.
Makes: 16 patties
- 1 sweet potato, steamed & pureed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 250g firm tofu, finely chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp tahini or nut butter
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Mix all ingredients together well in large bowl.
- Make medium-sized balls and place on baking tray lined with baking paper. You can use an ice-cream scoop for this. Flatten with fork and neaten around sides.
- Bake for 35 mins.
Mushroom and Spinach Vegan Quiche Recipe
This eggless quiche is savoury, satisfying, comforting, loaded with vegies and healthy!
Scrambled Turmeric Tofu Recipe
Tofu provides a good dose of the important bone-building minerals, calcium and phosphorus. Taste the scrambled turmeric tofu recipe!
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...
Rainbow Mushroom Poke Bowl by Jacqueline Alwill from The Brown Paper Bag
The Rainbow Poke Bowl delivers your body vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibre, proteins, carbohydrates, fats and so much more.