Gluten-free Vegan Earth Patties Recipe
Tofu is a highly nutritious food that gives this dish a good boost in protein, calcium and B vitamins. Eating tofu has been associated with lowering cholesterol levels and reducing risk of heart disease. Tofu also contains phyto-oestrogens, which can be helpful for relieving menopausal symptoms in women. Always choose organic tofu to avoid genetically modified soybeans.
Makes: 16 patties
- 1 sweet potato, steamed & pureed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 250g firm tofu, finely chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp tahini or nut butter
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Mix all ingredients together well in large bowl.
- Make medium-sized balls and place on baking tray lined with baking paper. You can use an ice-cream scoop for this. Flatten with fork and neaten around sides.
- Bake for 35 mins.
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Spelt and Olive Focaccia Bread Recipe
Focaccia bread is one of the easiest breads to make as it requires very little rising time. I’ve topped this...
Sweet Quinoa and Cacao Risotto Recipe
Risotto isn’t just a lunch or dinner meal, it can absolutely be a dessert or breakfast! I’ve combined my go-to...