Gluten-free Vegan Earth Patties Recipe
Tofu is a highly nutritious food that gives this dish a good boost in protein, calcium and B vitamins. Eating tofu has been associated with lowering cholesterol levels and reducing risk of heart disease. Tofu also contains phyto-oestrogens, which can be helpful for relieving menopausal symptoms in women. Always choose organic tofu to avoid genetically modified soybeans.
Makes: 16 patties
- 1 sweet potato, steamed & pureed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 250g firm tofu, finely chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp tahini or nut butter
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Mix all ingredients together well in large bowl.
- Make medium-sized balls and place on baking tray lined with baking paper. You can use an ice-cream scoop for this. Flatten with fork and neaten around sides.
- Bake for 35 mins.
Healthy Vegan Lettuce and Chickpea Wraps Recipe
Spoon a third of a cup of the chickpea filling into the lettuce leaves and serve, as finger food. The...
Mango and Coconut Ice Blocks Recipe
These delicious ice blocks make a healthy treat for the whole family. They are a nutritious alternative to sugar-laden store-bought...
Chocolate, Avocado and Berry Cake Recipe
This delicious cake caters to many intolerances as it’s dairy-, egg- and gluten-free and vegan. It gets a lovely richness...
Coconut and Tapioca Pudding with Pineapple Flowers Recipe
Traditionally, tapioca pudding in Sri Lanka is made with condensed milk and quite a lot of sugar. This is my...