Gluten-free Vegan Earth Patties Recipe
Tofu is a highly nutritious food that gives this dish a good boost in protein, calcium and B vitamins. Eating tofu has been associated with lowering cholesterol levels and reducing risk of heart disease. Tofu also contains phyto-oestrogens, which can be helpful for relieving menopausal symptoms in women. Always choose organic tofu to avoid genetically modified soybeans.
Makes: 16 patties
- 1 sweet potato, steamed & pureed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 250g firm tofu, finely chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp tahini or nut butter
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Mix all ingredients together well in large bowl.
- Make medium-sized balls and place on baking tray lined with baking paper. You can use an ice-cream scoop for this. Flatten with fork and neaten around sides.
- Bake for 35 mins.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Pan-Fried Pineapple Recipe
In this Pan-Fried Pineapple recipe, you'll enjoy a simply luscious blend of caramelised sweetness and coconut yoghurt.
Baked Papaya with Lime and Coconut Yoghurt Recipe
This delicious recipe contains a zesty and refreshing source of digestive enzymes to boost your gut health.
Moroccan Minestrone Soup Recipe
There’s nothing more nutrient-dense and low-budget than a minestrone soup, especially in the wintertime when it’s also warming and comforting....