Gluten-free Vegan Earth Patties Recipe
Tofu is a highly nutritious food that gives this dish a good boost in protein, calcium and B vitamins. Eating tofu has been associated with lowering cholesterol levels and reducing risk of heart disease. Tofu also contains phyto-oestrogens, which can be helpful for relieving menopausal symptoms in women. Always choose organic tofu to avoid genetically modified soybeans.
Makes: 16 patties
- 1 sweet potato, steamed & pureed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 250g firm tofu, finely chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp tahini or nut butter
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Mix all ingredients together well in large bowl.
- Make medium-sized balls and place on baking tray lined with baking paper. You can use an ice-cream scoop for this. Flatten with fork and neaten around sides.
- Bake for 35 mins.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Brown Rice Noodles and Vegetables in Timut Pepper Broth Recipe
Timut pepper gives this dish a warm glow and an incredible depth of flavour like nothing else I’ve cooked with...
Sweet Spinach Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Green pancakes? This an example of how greens can be included in dishes where you may have thought this wasn’t...
Discover how chickpeas can help with weight management and heart protection
Chickpeas are legumes that are often called gram, garbanzos, chana or Egyptian peas. We take a look at the many...
Toasted Seaweed Chips Recipe
These Toasted Seaweed Chips make a very nourishing savoury snack. Stopping at one is virtually impossible! They’re a light but...