Green Jackfruit Curry Recipe
Jackfruit makes a good vegetarian meat substitute in curries and other dishes as it has a meat-like texture when cooked. Jackfruit is rich in dietary fibre and contains vitamin A, needed for healthy eyesight and B vitamins for nervous system health and energy production.
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini
- ½ red capsicum, sliced
- 3–4 tbsp green curry paste (depending on taste & desired heat)
- 400mL tin coconut milk
- Tin jackfruit, shredded, or ½ fresh jackfruit, cooked & shredded*
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- Bunch bok choy, roughly chopped
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Handful toasted cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- In large frying pan with olive oil, cook onion for 4 mins.
- Add carrot, broccolini and capsicum, and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Stir through curry paste and add coconut milk.
- Add jackfruit and zucchini and cook, covered, for another 5 mins.
- Add bok choy and cook for 3–4 mins, until it begins to go tender.
- Serve topped with fresh coriander and toasted cashew nuts.
- *To prepare fresh jackfruit, cut into thick slices. Jackfruit contains a sticky latex sap that sticks to your hands and knife. Wear gloves to stop it sticking to your hands and oil your knife so it’s easier to clean. Cut into quarters, then place in a pot of boiling water. Boil for 20 mins, covered. Then remove skin and seeds and shred into pieces with a fork.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Pulled Jackfruit Sliders with Coleslaw and Chipotle Mayonnaise Recipe
Jackfruit is health and delicious. It's chewy, meaty, texture offers so many more healthy benefits for you and the planet.
Jackfruit and Pumpkin Curry with Spinach Recipe
This healthy jackfruit curry is sweet and delicious and full of amazing nutrition. Jackfruit is so versatile and holds its...
Jackfruit Sago Pudding Recipe
In this dish, the coconut sugar creates a beautiful caramel sauce that’s tempered by the lemon-marinated jackfruit.