Green Jackfruit Curry Recipe
Jackfruit makes a good vegetarian meat substitute in curries and other dishes as it has a meat-like texture when cooked. Jackfruit is rich in dietary fibre and contains vitamin A, needed for healthy eyesight and B vitamins for nervous system health and energy production.
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini
- ½ red capsicum, sliced
- 3–4 tbsp green curry paste (depending on taste & desired heat)
- 400mL tin coconut milk
- Tin jackfruit, shredded, or ½ fresh jackfruit, cooked & shredded*
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- Bunch bok choy, roughly chopped
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Handful toasted cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- In large frying pan with olive oil, cook onion for 4 mins.
- Add carrot, broccolini and capsicum, and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Stir through curry paste and add coconut milk.
- Add jackfruit and zucchini and cook, covered, for another 5 mins.
- Add bok choy and cook for 3–4 mins, until it begins to go tender.
- Serve topped with fresh coriander and toasted cashew nuts.
- *To prepare fresh jackfruit, cut into thick slices. Jackfruit contains a sticky latex sap that sticks to your hands and knife. Wear gloves to stop it sticking to your hands and oil your knife so it’s easier to clean. Cut into quarters, then place in a pot of boiling water. Boil for 20 mins, covered. Then remove skin and seeds and shred into pieces with a fork.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Sweet Spinach Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Green pancakes? This an example of how greens can be included in dishes where you may have thought this wasn’t...
Discover how chickpeas can help with weight management and heart protection
Chickpeas are legumes that are often called gram, garbanzos, chana or Egyptian peas. We take a look at the many...
Toasted Seaweed Chips Recipe
These Toasted Seaweed Chips make a very nourishing savoury snack. Stopping at one is virtually impossible! They’re a light but...
Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup Recipe
The long cooking time in this recipe really accentuates the strong cauliflower and broccoli taste and smell, which makes it...