Ham and Cheese Pizza Recipe
A power-packed party food to keep energy levels up without the sugar crash. You can freeze the bases before rolling and defrost when required.
Makes: 2 pizzas
- Pizza Bases
- 1½ cups almond meal, plus extra as needed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp apple-cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (concentrated purée)
- 105g oven-roasted tomatoes (optional)
- ⅔ cup grated cheddar cheese or goat’s cheese
- 80g chopped ham
- Dulse flakes, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220°C and lightly grease 2 small pizza pans.
- To prepare pizza bases, combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl to form loose dough. If it feels too wet, add a little more almond meal.
- Dust bench with almond meal and knead dough with hands until smooth. Shape into a ball, cut dough in half and roll each portion out into thin circle about 15cm diameter, working from the inside out in a clockwise motion. Add more almond meal if too sticky.
- Place bases on prepared pizza pans and bake for 10 mins.
- Remove bases from oven and spread with tomato paste, leaving a 1cm border. Scatter over tomato, cheese and ham, and sprinkle with dulse flakes.
- Return pizzas to oven for 7–10 mins, or until crispy.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Chocolate Cherry Bites Recipe
These healthy chocolatey, cherry and coconutty raw, refined sugar-, gluten- and dairy-free treats are perfect bite-sized snacking.
Chocolate Nougat Bars Recipe
Looking for a nutty chocolate treat? Well, forget that pre-packaged chocolate bar and check out these dairy-, gluten- and refined-sugar-free...
Timut Pepper and Smoked Paprika Popcorn Recipe
Why not have a bit of fun with this recipe and create smoky, spicy adult popcorn! Feel free to add...
Peppery Popcorn Recipe
Here’s a quick and easy popcorn recipe that highlights the unique flavours of timut pepper well against a buttery, salty...