Healthy Butter Chicken Recipe
This flavoursome Healthy Butter Chicken is brimming with health-giving ingredients. Chicken provides plenty of B vitamins, which our bodies need for energy production. It’s also an excellent source of lean protein and is particularly rich in tryptophan, an amino acid used to make serotonin and melatonin — two of the brain’s calming and sleep-inducing neurotransmitters.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 3 tsp garam masala
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- 200mL tomato puree
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 500g organic chicken, diced
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- Brown rice or cauliflower rice, to serve
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Using large non-stick saucepan over medium heat with some olive or coconut oil, sauté onion and garlic for 3 mins, then add spices, tomato paste and coconut milk. Stir until well combined.
- Add chicken and cook, covered, for 8–10 mins until chicken has cooked through.
- Take off heat and stir through yoghurt.
- Serve with brown rice or cauliflower rice and garnish with coriander.
Yoga and tai chi reduce risk of stroke
Yoga and tai chi can mitigate risk for stroke and support stroke survivors.
How to reduce childhood risk of type 2 diabetes
Vigorous exercise can reduce the risk for type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease in children.
Carla Oates shares her top tips for protecting your skin from the sun
Choosing sun protection is confusing and there are growing concerns about the health and environmental risks of some sunscreens. Carla...
Chocolate Labradors have lower life expectancy
Chocolate Labrador retrievers have significantly lower life expectancy than yellow and black Labradors.