Healthy Butter Chicken Recipe
This flavoursome Healthy Butter Chicken is brimming with health-giving ingredients. Chicken provides plenty of B vitamins, which our bodies need for energy production. It’s also an excellent source of lean protein and is particularly rich in tryptophan, an amino acid used to make serotonin and melatonin — two of the brain’s calming and sleep-inducing neurotransmitters.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 3 tsp garam masala
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- 200mL tomato puree
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 500g organic chicken, diced
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- Brown rice or cauliflower rice, to serve
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Using large non-stick saucepan over medium heat with some olive or coconut oil, sauté onion and garlic for 3 mins, then add spices, tomato paste and coconut milk. Stir until well combined.
- Add chicken and cook, covered, for 8–10 mins until chicken has cooked through.
- Take off heat and stir through yoghurt.
- Serve with brown rice or cauliflower rice and garnish with coriander.
The healing properties of acai berries
Native to Brazil, acai berries pack an antioxidant punch that yields an array of health benefits.
7 unique ways to detox your digestive system
Digestion is central to your body’s detoxification processes, so it’s important to consider how to keep your digestion at its...
Could stem cells be the cure for arthritis?
Stem cells for arthritis - magical rejuvenation or fake news?
5 foods to eat right now for healthy glowing skin
Your skin says a lot about you and it is also heavily influenced by your diet. Eat the right foods...