Healthy Butter Chicken Recipe
This flavoursome Healthy Butter Chicken is brimming with health-giving ingredients. Chicken provides plenty of B vitamins, which our bodies need for energy production. It’s also an excellent source of lean protein and is particularly rich in tryptophan, an amino acid used to make serotonin and melatonin — two of the brain’s calming and sleep-inducing neurotransmitters.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 3 tsp garam masala
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- 200mL tomato puree
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 500g organic chicken, diced
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- Brown rice or cauliflower rice, to serve
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Using large non-stick saucepan over medium heat with some olive or coconut oil, sauté onion and garlic for 3 mins, then add spices, tomato paste and coconut milk. Stir until well combined.
- Add chicken and cook, covered, for 8–10 mins until chicken has cooked through.
- Take off heat and stir through yoghurt.
- Serve with brown rice or cauliflower rice and garnish with coriander.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Make your home office a soothing and creative space with these expert tips
Make your home office a soothing, creative and healthy space with these work-friendly ideas.
Why some people get the common cold and others don't
Airway cells vary in their response to the common cold virus explaining why some people get ill and others don't.
A Q&A with Lee Holmes, brand ambassador for The Good Sort
We chat to brand ambassador Lee Holmes and discover why The Good Sort is her number one when it comes...
A Q&A with Avi Ronen, one of the directors of Chai Tea
We chat to Avi Ronen, one of the directors of Chai Tea, and discover his tips for making the perfect...