Healthy Butter Chicken Recipe
This flavoursome Healthy Butter Chicken is brimming with health-giving ingredients. Chicken provides plenty of B vitamins, which our bodies need for energy production. It’s also an excellent source of lean protein and is particularly rich in tryptophan, an amino acid used to make serotonin and melatonin — two of the brain’s calming and sleep-inducing neurotransmitters.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 3 tsp garam masala
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- 200mL tomato puree
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 500g organic chicken, diced
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- Brown rice or cauliflower rice, to serve
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Using large non-stick saucepan over medium heat with some olive or coconut oil, sauté onion and garlic for 3 mins, then add spices, tomato paste and coconut milk. Stir until well combined.
- Add chicken and cook, covered, for 8–10 mins until chicken has cooked through.
- Take off heat and stir through yoghurt.
- Serve with brown rice or cauliflower rice and garnish with coriander.
8 helpful questions to challenge your negative self-talk
In every moment of every day of your life, your thoughts are determining how you feel and behave. Discover how...
5 ways to get kids excited about real food from low-tox expert, Alexx Stuart
Low-tox expert Alexx Stuart shares her method to get kids excited about and interested in real food. Find our her...
How to use Ayurveda to bring balance and good health to your skin
Knowing the nature of your dominant dosha can guide you to make dietary, lifestyle and skincare choices that your face...
Egg metabolites associated with lower risk of diabetes
New research finds egg metabolite is associated with lower risk of type two diabetes.