Healthy Butter Chicken Recipe
This flavoursome Healthy Butter Chicken is brimming with health-giving ingredients. Chicken provides plenty of B vitamins, which our bodies need for energy production. It’s also an excellent source of lean protein and is particularly rich in tryptophan, an amino acid used to make serotonin and melatonin — two of the brain’s calming and sleep-inducing neurotransmitters.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 3 tsp garam masala
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- 200mL tomato puree
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 500g organic chicken, diced
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- Brown rice or cauliflower rice, to serve
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Using large non-stick saucepan over medium heat with some olive or coconut oil, sauté onion and garlic for 3 mins, then add spices, tomato paste and coconut milk. Stir until well combined.
- Add chicken and cook, covered, for 8–10 mins until chicken has cooked through.
- Take off heat and stir through yoghurt.
- Serve with brown rice or cauliflower rice and garnish with coriander.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Relieve tinnitus with mindfulness therapy
A new mindfulness based therapy significantly reduces the symptoms of tinnitus compared to relaxation-based treatments.
Why some sounds make you feel dizzy
Researchers discover why some people feel dizzy when they hear certain sounds.
Exposure to paint increases risk of multiple sclerosis
People exposed to organic solvents and with a genetic risk are more likely to develop multiple sclerosis.
New hope for metabolic diseases found in green tea and wine
Two aromatic polyphenolic compounds found in green tea and red wine can treat certain inborn congenital metabolic diseases.