Healthy Butter Chicken Recipe
This flavoursome Healthy Butter Chicken is brimming with health-giving ingredients. Chicken provides plenty of B vitamins, which our bodies need for energy production. It’s also an excellent source of lean protein and is particularly rich in tryptophan, an amino acid used to make serotonin and melatonin — two of the brain’s calming and sleep-inducing neurotransmitters.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 3 tsp garam masala
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- 200mL tomato puree
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 500g organic chicken, diced
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- Brown rice or cauliflower rice, to serve
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Using large non-stick saucepan over medium heat with some olive or coconut oil, sauté onion and garlic for 3 mins, then add spices, tomato paste and coconut milk. Stir until well combined.
- Add chicken and cook, covered, for 8–10 mins until chicken has cooked through.
- Take off heat and stir through yoghurt.
- Serve with brown rice or cauliflower rice and garnish with coriander.
A Q&A with the team behind the Dr Cabot 15-Day Cleanse
We speak with the team behind the Dr Cabot 15-Day Cleanse Program to find out how it can support gut,...
A Q&A with Gerard Bini from Orgone Effects
We speak with Gerard Bini, managing director and founder of Orgone Effects. He shares with us his Geoclense, a product...
Are you ready to explore the island of South Georgia? Come with us
A South Georgian expedition grounds you back to basics and supercharges you with humility and a childlike wonder. Are you...
What is Cha Dao? Learn how to hold a simple tea ceremony
You might identify with tea as a social beverage, but its lineage goes far beyond your local cafe’s brew. The...