Healthy Instant Noodles
Instant noodles are a perfect example of what not to eat: heavily processed, nutritionally void and packaged … I can’t even call it food. But kids love them, right? These versions are a delicious, easy to prepare snack.
- About 100g noodles (I’ve used gluten-free brown rice noodles here, but you could use any type of good-quality noodle or even zoodles)
- 1 cup bone broth/homemade chicken stock
- Good pinch sea salt, to taste
- Grated parmesan or cheddar
- Spring onion
- Herbs or leafy greens such as baby spinach or kale added at very end of cooking to wilt
- Any vegetable your kids like — I often add sliced mushrooms, broccoli or carrot (into the broth to cook)
- A beaten egg drizzled through broth to form egg ribbons (adds protein)
- Any leftover chicken meat for protein hit
- Garlic and/or ginger for immune boost
- Miso paste stirred in after heating for probiotic boost
- In small pot, bring about 4 cups of water to boil. Add noodles and cook until just cooked. How long you cook (or soak) them will depend on the type of noodle you choose (follow directions on pack).
- Drain and rinse well. Add to bowl.
- Now heat broth in pot until hot, season to taste (salt brings out flavour of broth) and pour over noodles.
- Tip: If you kids love instant noodles, take the opportunity to boost them with other nourishing ingredients like the ones we've listed. Enjoy!
Healthy Seed Crackers Recipe
Looking for a snack that is nut-, dairy- or gluten-free, with an egg-free option, too? Try our delicious Healthy Seed...
Banana Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Bananas are one of the best sources of vitamin B6, which is needed for a healthy nervous system. They also...
Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet Stalks and Whole Pumpkin Recipe
A wonderful way to use up vegetables and avoid food waste is by making this Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet...