Healthy Vegan Lettuce and Chickpea Wraps Recipe
Spoon a third of a cup of the chickpea filling into the lettuce leaves and serve, as finger food. The ‘not tuna’ is great in sandwiches and wraps, too.
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, mashed
- ½ cup gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- Handful parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- Salt, to taste
- 1 iceberg lettuce, separated into leaf cups
- Add chickpeas, gherkin, capers, red onion and parsley to bowl and mix well.
- Add vegan mayonnaise and pinch of salt, to taste, and mix well.
- Serve “not tuna” in leaf cups.
Okra with Kefir Lime, Coconut Rice and Sambal Recipe
I absolutely love the combination of the okra with this incredible rice! This is a very simple method of cooking...
Okra Panzanella Recipe
I love adding olives and roasted capsicum to this traditional Tuscan-inspired recipe. The addition of pan-fried okra and lemon gives...
Vegetable Tagine Recipe
This recipe is one of my all-time favourites for using up leftover vegetables. It can be made in a tagine...
Cauliflower, Chickpea and Pomegranate Tagine Recipe
Brassica vegetables such as cauliflower are nutrient-rich powerhouses that are loaded with disease-fighting vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals. Most of brassicas’...