Healthy Vegan Lettuce and Chickpea Wraps Recipe
Spoon a third of a cup of the chickpea filling into the lettuce leaves and serve, as finger food. The ‘not tuna’ is great in sandwiches and wraps, too.
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, mashed
- ½ cup gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- Handful parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- Salt, to taste
- 1 iceberg lettuce, separated into leaf cups
- Add chickpeas, gherkin, capers, red onion and parsley to bowl and mix well.
- Add vegan mayonnaise and pinch of salt, to taste, and mix well.
- Serve “not tuna” in leaf cups.
Crispy Vegetable Pilaf with Chickpeas and Preserved Lemon Recipe
This is even quicker if you have the rice left over from a previous night and ready to go. Simple...
Pea, Mint and Ginger Risotto Recipe
The combination of peas, mint, ginger and lemon is so delicious. When I make this dish, I always have a...
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...