Hemp and Quinoa Bites Recipe
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ head broccoli, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- ½ bunch kale, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- Big pinch Himalayan sea salt
- Big pinch cracked pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 heaped tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup cooked & cooled quinoa
- ¼ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup hemp seeds
- 1 tsp psyllium husks
- 1 teaspoon apple-cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 220°C and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Heat coconut oil over low heat and sauté broccoli, carrot, kale and garlic for 2 mins. Season vegies with chili flakes, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Remove from heat and let mix cool slightly, then place in food processor with remaining ingredients and blitz until mixture starts to clump together.
- With your hands, form bite-sized nuggets and place in baking tray, gently brushing bites with oil.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 mins, turning once halfway through. You want the bites to be beautiful and golden.
- Once cooked, let them cool slightly in the tray.
- Serve with tahini dressing, tomato relish, or on their own!
- Tip: You can also cook these on the stovetop, over a low heat until cooked through and golden.
We chat with Karen Sharman and Dom Mason from Gingerbread Folk
From humble beginnings, Gingerbread Folk has grown into a thriving enterprise. We sat down with Karen Sharman and Dom Mason...
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...
Mango passionfruit chia pudding
Need a healthy breakfast or a lunch on the run? These vegan mango passionfruit chia puddings are the perfect solution