Hemp and Quinoa Bites Recipe
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ head broccoli, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- ½ bunch kale, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- Big pinch Himalayan sea salt
- Big pinch cracked pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 heaped tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup cooked & cooled quinoa
- ¼ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup hemp seeds
- 1 tsp psyllium husks
- 1 teaspoon apple-cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 220°C and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Heat coconut oil over low heat and sauté broccoli, carrot, kale and garlic for 2 mins. Season vegies with chili flakes, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Remove from heat and let mix cool slightly, then place in food processor with remaining ingredients and blitz until mixture starts to clump together.
- With your hands, form bite-sized nuggets and place in baking tray, gently brushing bites with oil.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 mins, turning once halfway through. You want the bites to be beautiful and golden.
- Once cooked, let them cool slightly in the tray.
- Serve with tahini dressing, tomato relish, or on their own!
- Tip: You can also cook these on the stovetop, over a low heat until cooked through and golden.
Mauritian Lentil Soup
This Mauritian-inspired red lentil soup is the ultimate comfort food. Easy to whip together, it’s warming to the body, with...
Emma Dean's Plant-Based Pancakes with Hazelnut & Chocolate Sauce
Need a little indulgence? Try Emma Dean's Pana Organic Pancakes, topped with Pana Chocolate and warm Hazelnut & Chocolate spread....
Are you in need of some breakfast inspiration? We think that Bircher muesli is one of the best breakfasts you...
Chunky Almond Granola
This chunky almond granola is jam-packed with dietary fibre to help lower cholesterol levels, along with B vitamins and slow-release...