Hemp and Quinoa Bites Recipe
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ head broccoli, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- ½ bunch kale, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- Big pinch Himalayan sea salt
- Big pinch cracked pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 heaped tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup cooked & cooled quinoa
- ¼ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup hemp seeds
- 1 tsp psyllium husks
- 1 teaspoon apple-cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 220°C and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Heat coconut oil over low heat and sauté broccoli, carrot, kale and garlic for 2 mins. Season vegies with chili flakes, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Remove from heat and let mix cool slightly, then place in food processor with remaining ingredients and blitz until mixture starts to clump together.
- With your hands, form bite-sized nuggets and place in baking tray, gently brushing bites with oil.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 mins, turning once halfway through. You want the bites to be beautiful and golden.
- Once cooked, let them cool slightly in the tray.
- Serve with tahini dressing, tomato relish, or on their own!
- Tip: You can also cook these on the stovetop, over a low heat until cooked through and golden.
Miso Broth, Brown Rice Noodles and Leafy Greens Recipe
This is one of my favourite noodle dishes. After a busy day you can have this nourishing tasty meal on...
Split Pea, Smoked Tofu and Barley Soup Recipe
When I was a kid, my mum made the best pea and ham soup. Now that I’m vegan I’ve created...
Vegie Balls & Wholemeal Penne in Tomato Sauce with Pesto Recipe
This is my plant-based version of the classic Italian pasta and meatballs. You can make super-good balls from vegies and...
Plant-Based Butterbean Chickpea Tagine Recipe
Hands down some of the easiest yet wow-factor dishes are those that land in a slow cooker. The slow,...