Hokey Bowl Recipe
One of my favourite ways to include fermented vegies in my diet is in this delicious Hokey Bowl. It’s a nutritionally balanced meal in a bowl and a great way to use up leftover rice, too.
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 250g salmon or ocean trout, skinless fillet
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- ¼ cup kimchi
- 1 carrot, peeled & julienned
- 1 red capsicum, julienned
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup cashew nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1 sheet nori, thinly sliced
- Begin making dressing by mixing all ingredients together in small bowl until well combined.
- Dice salmon or trout and toss through 2 tbsp of dressing. Cook quickly over moderate to high heat until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and set aside in large bowl.
- Add brown rice (or quinoa), kimchi, carrot, capsicum and remaining dressing and gently toss until combined.
- Divide between two bowls and top with avocado. Sprinkle over cashew nuts, coriander and nori strips. Enjoy right away.
Explore the healing properties of manuka honey
Manuka honey is a powerful antibacterial honey made by bees frequenting the tea tree.
Roasted Pumpkin Hummus Recipe
Since I started making my own hummus last year, I can’t go back to store bought. Homemade hummus tastes fresher,...
The healing properties of acai berries
Native to Brazil, acai berries pack an antioxidant punch that yields an array of health benefits.
7 unique ways to detox your digestive system
Digestion is central to your body’s detoxification processes, so it’s important to consider how to keep your digestion at its...