Hokey Bowl Recipe
One of my favourite ways to include fermented vegies in my diet is in this delicious Hokey Bowl. It’s a nutritionally balanced meal in a bowl and a great way to use up leftover rice, too.
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 250g salmon or ocean trout, skinless fillet
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- ¼ cup kimchi
- 1 carrot, peeled & julienned
- 1 red capsicum, julienned
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup cashew nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1 sheet nori, thinly sliced
- Begin making dressing by mixing all ingredients together in small bowl until well combined.
- Dice salmon or trout and toss through 2 tbsp of dressing. Cook quickly over moderate to high heat until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and set aside in large bowl.
- Add brown rice (or quinoa), kimchi, carrot, capsicum and remaining dressing and gently toss until combined.
- Divide between two bowls and top with avocado. Sprinkle over cashew nuts, coriander and nori strips. Enjoy right away.
Experience spa benefits at home with iHealth Saunas
A Sauna company with a difference, because an iHealth Sauna experience is a retreat in your own home.. iHealth Saunas...
Discover the magic of bird watching
Birdwatching is a diverse and enriching activity. Take in the sights, sounds and scenery of your natural surrounds and immerse...
Do you want to live to be 100? Read these strategies for reaching the milestone
The strategies for reaching this milestone include adequate sleep, maintaining a healthy microbiome, protein and maintaining healthy brain function.
Does your skin need a detox? Here's how to detox your skin naturally.
Your body’s largest organ is its skin and it is an organ that plays a critical role in any detoxification...