Hokey Bowl Recipe
One of my favourite ways to include fermented vegies in my diet is in this delicious Hokey Bowl. It’s a nutritionally balanced meal in a bowl and a great way to use up leftover rice, too.
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 250g salmon or ocean trout, skinless fillet
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- ¼ cup kimchi
- 1 carrot, peeled & julienned
- 1 red capsicum, julienned
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup cashew nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1 sheet nori, thinly sliced
- Begin making dressing by mixing all ingredients together in small bowl until well combined.
- Dice salmon or trout and toss through 2 tbsp of dressing. Cook quickly over moderate to high heat until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and set aside in large bowl.
- Add brown rice (or quinoa), kimchi, carrot, capsicum and remaining dressing and gently toss until combined.
- Divide between two bowls and top with avocado. Sprinkle over cashew nuts, coriander and nori strips. Enjoy right away.
Don't like change? Here are 5 ways to deal with change mindfully
When change happens in life, it can be a shock or a more subtle shifting under the surface. Either way,...
Do you love avocado? Dr Karen Bridgman shares the health benefits of the fruit
Who doesn't love smashed avocado atop their toast on the weekend? Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source...
We sat down with Alex Tyson, second-generation business owner and founder of iHealth Sauna
We sat down with Alex Tyson, second-generation business owner and founder of iHealth Sauna. He shares the health benefits of...
Feeling anxious? Try these 11 yogic practices to calm your nervous system
Anxiety is said to be at epidemic levels in the West. How do you know if your stress levels are...