Kale and Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Kale is a super brassica vegetable that contains high levels of sulphur compounds essential for liver detoxification of carcinogens. Green leafy vegetables like kale are rich sources of vitamin K, which is a key nutrient for helping the body regulate inflammation.
- ½ small butternut pumpkin, peeled & diced
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 5 kale leaves, ribs removed & finely chopped
- 6 organic eggs, whisked
- ¾ cup natural yoghurt
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- Handful fresh herbs such as basil and parsley, roughly chopped
- 60g crumbled feta
- Handful pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Line pie dish with baking paper.
- Place pumpkin on baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake pumpkin for 45 mins, until cooked through.
- Sauté leek and kale until softened.
- In large bowl combine eggs and yoghurt.
- Place pumpkin, kale and leek, salt, pepper and herbs in pie dish. Cover with egg mixture and sprinkle with cheese and pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 45–50 mins until cooked through.
Mushroom and Thyme Pasta Recipe
This pasta is one of my favourite vegetarian midweek meals. It’s quick and easy to make and really tasty. You...
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...