Kale and Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Kale is a super brassica vegetable that contains high levels of sulphur compounds essential for liver detoxification of carcinogens. Green leafy vegetables like kale are rich sources of vitamin K, which is a key nutrient for helping the body regulate inflammation.
- ½ small butternut pumpkin, peeled & diced
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 5 kale leaves, ribs removed & finely chopped
- 6 organic eggs, whisked
- ¾ cup natural yoghurt
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- Handful fresh herbs such as basil and parsley, roughly chopped
- 60g crumbled feta
- Handful pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Line pie dish with baking paper.
- Place pumpkin on baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake pumpkin for 45 mins, until cooked through.
- Sauté leek and kale until softened.
- In large bowl combine eggs and yoghurt.
- Place pumpkin, kale and leek, salt, pepper and herbs in pie dish. Cover with egg mixture and sprinkle with cheese and pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 45–50 mins until cooked through.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Pumpkin and Chickpea Pasties Recipe
Mildly spiced, these Healthy Pumpkin and Chickpea Pasties are suitable for the whole family and are packed with fibre and...
Gluten-free Delicious Lemon Cakes Recipe
A long lazy lunch is not complete without something sweet to finish. These lemon cakes are very simple to make,...
Ploughman’s Board Recipe
Homemade seeded crackers are perfect for a ploughman’s board. Feel free to pick a selection of cheeses and add some...