Kale and Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Kale is a super brassica vegetable that contains high levels of sulphur compounds essential for liver detoxification of carcinogens. Green leafy vegetables like kale are rich sources of vitamin K, which is a key nutrient for helping the body regulate inflammation.
- ½ small butternut pumpkin, peeled & diced
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 5 kale leaves, ribs removed & finely chopped
- 6 organic eggs, whisked
- ¾ cup natural yoghurt
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- Handful fresh herbs such as basil and parsley, roughly chopped
- 60g crumbled feta
- Handful pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Line pie dish with baking paper.
- Place pumpkin on baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake pumpkin for 45 mins, until cooked through.
- Sauté leek and kale until softened.
- In large bowl combine eggs and yoghurt.
- Place pumpkin, kale and leek, salt, pepper and herbs in pie dish. Cover with egg mixture and sprinkle with cheese and pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 45–50 mins until cooked through.
Banana & Chocolate Fudge Cookies Recipe
These healthy cookies are a favourite in our house! Bake them for your next picnic or friend’s birthday.
Oat and Coconut Thumb Print Biscuits Recipe
A great snack that’s nourishing and delicious, these biscuits are packed with oats and almonds, which deliver sustained energy and...
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...
Chickpea, Quinoa & Avocado Poke Bowl Recipe
My Chickpea, Quinoa & Avocado Poke Bowl Recipe uses a varied array of colourful vegetables, which means you’re guaranteed a...