Lamb Broth Recipe
Think before you throw out the trimmings and bones from your next lamb roast. Lamb broth will provide similar nutritional benefits to your gelatin-rich beef broth, but with the comforting flavour of lamb to add variety to your soups. You can also have it on its own for a nutritious and gut-friendly soup.
- 60mL extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1kg lamb marrow bones
- 2L filtered water
- 2 carrots, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, peeled & quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- Celtic sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place flameproof casserole dish on stovetop over medium heat and melt coconut oil. Add bones and stir to coat. Add lid and transfer casserole dish to oven. Bake for 30 mins or until bones are browned.
- Transfer to stovetop, cover with filtered water and add remaining ingredients, including seasoning. Bring to boil, then reduce heat as low as possible and simmer for 4–6 hours. Add a little more filtered water from time to time if necessary.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, then strain and refrigerate until fat congeals on top. Skim off fat and store stock in airtight container in fridge or freezer or freeze in ice-cube trays.
- Tip: You can make bone broths in a slow-cooker. Cook on low for up to 24 hours, topping up with filtered water if it reduces too much.
Fragrant Chicken Broth with Tofu Recipe
This fragrant broth is filled with so much goodness that just the aroma makes you feel better. Enjoy our Fragrant...
Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes with Mocha Fudge Sauce Recipe
These delicious gluten-free pancakes make the perfect weekend breakfast or afternoon treat.
5 healthy whole grains to add to your weekly food plan
A triple treat — nutritious, delicious and numerous — grains are powerhouses of nourishment and each of the many varieties...
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...