Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of my favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice is actually very easy to make and is a beautifully spiced, delicious meal.
- 1–2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 2–3cm fresh ginger, peeled
- Small red chilli, to taste (or add individually at the table to control heat)
- 100g almonds
- 100g cashew nuts
- 200mL full-fat natural or coconut yoghurt
- 200mL coconut water
- 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 5 cardamom pods, bruised slightly with top of knife handle
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1kg lamb shoulder, diced
- 1 cup cooked or tinned chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- Juice ½ lemon
- Large handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C.
- In food processor, pulverise garlic, ginger, chilli, almonds and cashew nuts until paste is formed.
- Scrape down sides, add yoghurt and coconut water and blend until well combined. Set aside.
- On stovetop, heat ovenproof dish (with lid) and add coconut oil or ghee to melt. Add onion and cinnamon quill, cardamom, cloves, bay leaf, ground coriander, turmeric and garam masala.
- Cook over low heat for couple of mins until fragrant.
- Add lamb pieces and mixture from food processor and stir well to combine.
- Put lid on dish and place in pre-heated oven to slow cook for 2 hours. Add chickpeas and cook for 1 more hour or until sauce has thickened and meat is tender.
- Stir in lemon juice and fresh coriander.
- Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into pieces
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- Good pinch sea salt
- Salad greens or steamed vegies, to serve
- Start cauliflower rice just before korma is ready. In pan, heat ghee or coconut oil over moderate heat. Add onion and sauté until soft (couple of mins).
- Put cauliflower in food processor and pulse to rice-like consistency. Add to pan with cinnamon and salt and sauté for a couple of mins, stirring constantly until it is just starting to soften.
- Serve with lamb korma immediately with green salad or side of steamed vegies.
What is adrenal fatigue?
Are you constantly exhausted or lacking energy? You might have adrenal fatigue. Carla Oates explains this phenomenon and its effects...
Tips and recipes to help balance your nervous system
There is a direct and proven link between the food you eat and the health of your nervous system and...
Barley, White Bean and Mushroom Risotto Recipe
This is a gorgeous, hearty take on risotto using barley instead of rice, which delivers a lovely chewy, nutty flavour...
Find fun and fitness through board sports
Discover why more people are choosing to grab a board and ride their way to fun, fitness and freedom.