Lemon and Poppy Seed Cakes Recipe
This recipe works well in a larger cake tin, too, such as a loaf tin. Just cook it for 10 minutes longer.
Makes: 4 small cakes
- Olive oil for greasing
- Flour for dusting
- 2 eggs
- 75g coconut palm sugar
- Zest 2 lemons
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- 120g spelt flour
- 50g brown-rice flour
- 40g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 4 mini cake tins with olive oil and dust with flour so they are non-stick.
- Add eggs, coconut palm sugar and lemon zest to bowl. Beat well, until eggs are light in colour and fluffy.
- In separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients: poppy seeds, spelt flour, brown-rice flour, buckwheat flour and baking powder.
- Add dry mix to bowl of egg mixture, along with olive oil and lemon juice. Gently mix everything until just combined — don’t over-mix.
- Divide mixture between 4 cake tins and bake for 25 mins until golden brown.
Spiced Cauliflower with Preserved Lemon
This delicious dish lives and dies by the quality of the curry powder. If you don’t have any on hand...
Quorn™ Foods shares 2 delicious, meat-free recipes
Quorn™ Foods is a global market leader in healthy, sustainable protein. Here, they share 2 delicious recipes.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...