Lemon and Poppy Seed Cakes Recipe
This recipe works well in a larger cake tin, too, such as a loaf tin. Just cook it for 10 minutes longer.
Makes: 4 small cakes
- Olive oil for greasing
- Flour for dusting
- 2 eggs
- 75g coconut palm sugar
- Zest 2 lemons
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- 120g spelt flour
- 50g brown-rice flour
- 40g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 4 mini cake tins with olive oil and dust with flour so they are non-stick.
- Add eggs, coconut palm sugar and lemon zest to bowl. Beat well, until eggs are light in colour and fluffy.
- In separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients: poppy seeds, spelt flour, brown-rice flour, buckwheat flour and baking powder.
- Add dry mix to bowl of egg mixture, along with olive oil and lemon juice. Gently mix everything until just combined — don’t over-mix.
- Divide mixture between 4 cake tins and bake for 25 mins until golden brown.
Dutch Carrot Soup with Crunchy Chickpeas Recipes
Cultivators of the carrot, it seems only fitting to dedicate a Dutch style recipe to the humble but mighty orange...
Brussels Sprout Curry Recipe
Not everyone loves Brussels sprouts but these mini cabbages floating in a rich, warming curry sauce make for a delicious...
Parmesan Baked Brussels and Broccolini Recipe
This recipe is quick, wholesome and absolutely bursting with flavour! Delicious served with your choice of protein or as a...
Brussels Sprouts Fritters Recipe
These fritters would be perfect alongside a nice Sunday roast. They taste like a combination of Brussels sprouts and Yorkshire...