Lemony Herb Crackers Recipe
Tired of triangular biscuit bits wedged in your favourite dip? I want to introduce you to my itty bitty bickies. Their sturdiness stands up to the toughest of condiments and I’m so pleased with the result of these stoic soldiers. If you think you can’t have the perfect cracker in less than 15 mins, then think again. These simple and straightforward biscuits are not at all difficult or fussy to make.
Makes: 35 crackers
- 1¼ cups almond meal
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- 1 egg
- 1½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 175°C and grease baking tray.
- Combine almond meal, salt, sesame seeds, mixed herbs and lemon in bowl.
- In small jug whisk egg, then slowly add olive oil while still whisking.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and mix to form firm dough. If too dry to roll out, mix in a little water.
- Roll dough out on sheet of baking paper to thin rectangle of about 35cm × 25cm.
- Place prepared baking tray face down over top then invert two together so you now have dough on top. Peel off baking paper.
- Using sharp knife, cut dough into 5cm squares. Bake until crisp, 12–15 mins, turning halfway through.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.
- Keep in airtight container for freshness.
Sugar-Free Vegan Mixed Berry Tart
With just chia seeds, nuts, banana, berries, dates and a little wholemeal flour, this sugar-free dessert can be enjoyed knowing...
3 plant-based desserts for a guilt-free after dinner treat
Sweet treats don't have to mean processed junk. These recipes are deliciously indulgent while providing a hit of fibre, protein...
4 vegan desserts even non-vegans will love
Following a plant-based diet shouldn't mean missing out on any of the fun. Try these 4 vegan desserts developed by...
Vegan Rainbow Goulash
Traditionally, Hungarian goulash is made with meat as the base. This is a delicious vegan version that incorporates chickpeas and...