Lentils and Greens with a Lemony Vinaigrette Recipe
This salad is the perfect main or side dish. It’s loaded with beautiful iron-boosting ingredients like lentils, almonds and greens, and dressed up with a divine lemon vinaigrette.
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 whole red chilli, finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin lentils, drained & rinsed
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into thirds
- 150g green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 sprigs spring onions, roughly chopped
- ½ bunch coriander, roughly torn
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 80g feta
- 3–4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch cracked pepper
- Zest ¼ lemon
- In a pan, sauté garlic and chilli in olive oil for 2 mins over low heat. Add lentils and coat with garlic and chilli.
- Blanch broccolini in boiling water until just cooked (approx. 3 mins), add green beans for 30 secs and then drain both, and place rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- To make the vinaigrette, in a large bowl, add lemon juice and olive oil and whisk until nice and creamy. Add salt, pepper and zest and whisk some more.
- To the same bowl, add lentil mixture, herbs, beans and broccolini and toss in vinaigrette until coated. Add almonds and serve by sprinkling feta on top.
Rhubarb and Apple Deconstructed Crumble Recipe
Each component of this is delicious in its own right, but combined they make a force to be reckoned with....
Blackberry and Apple Crumble Muffins Recipe
These tasty muffins are jam-packed with protective antioxidants and dietary fibre that help neutralise free radicals in the body and...
Miso Vegetables Pilaf Recipe
Miso is one of my favourite fermented foods which I use often in marinating fish, in dressings and as a...
Cauliflower Pomegranate Pilaf Recipe
I’ve learned so much about pilaf writing for this issue of EatWell — it’s so diverse, delicious and adaptable to...