Lentils and Greens with a Lemony Vinaigrette Recipe
This salad is the perfect main or side dish. It’s loaded with beautiful iron-boosting ingredients like lentils, almonds and greens, and dressed up with a divine lemon vinaigrette.
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 whole red chilli, finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin lentils, drained & rinsed
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into thirds
- 150g green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 sprigs spring onions, roughly chopped
- ½ bunch coriander, roughly torn
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 80g feta
- 3–4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch cracked pepper
- Zest ¼ lemon
- In a pan, sauté garlic and chilli in olive oil for 2 mins over low heat. Add lentils and coat with garlic and chilli.
- Blanch broccolini in boiling water until just cooked (approx. 3 mins), add green beans for 30 secs and then drain both, and place rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- To make the vinaigrette, in a large bowl, add lemon juice and olive oil and whisk until nice and creamy. Add salt, pepper and zest and whisk some more.
- To the same bowl, add lentil mixture, herbs, beans and broccolini and toss in vinaigrette until coated. Add almonds and serve by sprinkling feta on top.
Mauritian Lentil Soup
This Mauritian-inspired red lentil soup is the ultimate comfort food. Easy to whip together, it’s warming to the body, with...
Oven-Baked Vegie Fritters
These tasty vegie fritters are loaded with dietary fibre for good bowel health, beta-carotene for healthy vision and complex carbohydrates...
Give sugar the flick with this honey-sweetened lemon tart: you’ll never look back. If you are a real honey fan...
English Baked Beans on Toast
Tinned baked beans are full of sugar and salt. Once you’ve tried this recipe, you won’t buy tinned beans ever...