Lentils and Greens with a Lemony Vinaigrette Recipe
This salad is the perfect main or side dish. It’s loaded with beautiful iron-boosting ingredients like lentils, almonds and greens, and dressed up with a divine lemon vinaigrette.
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 whole red chilli, finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin lentils, drained & rinsed
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into thirds
- 150g green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 sprigs spring onions, roughly chopped
- ½ bunch coriander, roughly torn
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 80g feta
- 3–4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch cracked pepper
- Zest ¼ lemon
- In a pan, sauté garlic and chilli in olive oil for 2 mins over low heat. Add lentils and coat with garlic and chilli.
- Blanch broccolini in boiling water until just cooked (approx. 3 mins), add green beans for 30 secs and then drain both, and place rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- To make the vinaigrette, in a large bowl, add lemon juice and olive oil and whisk until nice and creamy. Add salt, pepper and zest and whisk some more.
- To the same bowl, add lentil mixture, herbs, beans and broccolini and toss in vinaigrette until coated. Add almonds and serve by sprinkling feta on top.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
What works as a stand-alone vegetarian dish, goes well with tofu, and can even proudly accompany a chicken or fish...
Thai mango salad
This summery Thai mango salad ticks all the boxes for a fresh and healthy meal