Mango, Ricotta and Avocado Cups Recipe
There are only 200 days of the mango season which, at first, might seem long, but it’s not quite long enough for me! During the mango season I use the beautiful, vitamin C-rich fruit in as many recipes as possible.
- ½ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 mango, diced
- ¼ cup mint leaves, finely sliced
- 2 avocados, cut into quarters
- 100g ricotta
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Toast almonds in frypan on medium heat until lightly golden.
- Toss mango with mint leaves.
- Serve avocado quarters, cut side up, with spoonful of ricotta topped with mango and mint mix, toasted almonds and sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper.
The secret healing power of pineapple
We all know pineapple is deliciously sweet - but did you know about its secret healing power? Read on to...
Why avocados are good for your health
Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source of healing fats and nutrients.
Do you love avocado? Dr Karen Bridgman shares the health benefits of the fruit
Who doesn't love smashed avocado atop their toast on the weekend? Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source...
We take a look at Cardamom, "the queen of spices" and its health benefits
Known as the “queen of spices”, the active ingredients in cardamom exhibit a variety of metabolic activities including reducing spasms...