Mango, Ricotta and Avocado Cups Recipe
There are only 200 days of the mango season which, at first, might seem long, but it’s not quite long enough for me! During the mango season I use the beautiful, vitamin C-rich fruit in as many recipes as possible.
- ½ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 mango, diced
- ¼ cup mint leaves, finely sliced
- 2 avocados, cut into quarters
- 100g ricotta
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Toast almonds in frypan on medium heat until lightly golden.
- Toss mango with mint leaves.
- Serve avocado quarters, cut side up, with spoonful of ricotta topped with mango and mint mix, toasted almonds and sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper.
13 antioxidant foods and how to enjoy them
Antioxidants defend against cell-damaging free radicals, which increase your risk of disease and premature ageing. Including a variety of antioxidant-rich...
Which dairy is the better choice: full or reduced fat?
It’s easy to get hung up on fat content when it comes to dairy products, especially if you’re watching your...
Oven-Baked Pumpkin and Corn Brown Rice Risotto Recipe
This hearty risotto is a great source of dietary fibre. Brown rice contains around seven times more fibre than white...
Tahini Lentil Burger Recipe
These burger patties are soft inside and crispy on the outside. Make yourself a double batch and freeze some so...