Matcha is full of powerful antioxidants called polyphenols, namely epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), that are commonly found in green tea. These antioxidants are known to offer protection against chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease, as well as having anti-ageing properties. Matcha contains three times more EGCG than regular green tea.
Makes: 12 squares
- ½ cup hazelnut or almond meal
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 3 hours or overnight
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 heaped tsp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp peanut, cashew or almond butter
- Place all base ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined and mixture is crumbly.
- Line small slice tin with baking paper, then press base into tin. Place tin in freezer while making filling.
- To make filling, drain cashews and place all filling ingredients in food processor and blend until creamy texture.
- Pour filling over base and spread evenly. Place in freezer for 1½ hours to set.
- Just before you take slice out of freezer, place all topping ingredients in small saucepan on low heat and gently stir while it melts.
- Pour chocolate topping over slice, then place back in freezer for another couple of hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with matcha using small sieve or tea infuser. Slice and enjoy.
Mushroom and Spinach Vegan Quiche Recipe
This eggless quiche is savoury, satisfying, comforting, loaded with vegies and healthy!
Scrambled Turmeric Tofu Recipe
Tofu provides a good dose of the important bone-building minerals, calcium and phosphorus. Taste the scrambled turmeric tofu recipe!
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...
Rainbow Mushroom Poke Bowl by Jacqueline Alwill from The Brown Paper Bag
The Rainbow Poke Bowl delivers your body vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibre, proteins, carbohydrates, fats and so much more.