Matcha is full of powerful antioxidants called polyphenols, namely epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), that are commonly found in green tea. These antioxidants are known to offer protection against chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease, as well as having anti-ageing properties. Matcha contains three times more EGCG than regular green tea.
Makes: 12 squares
- ½ cup hazelnut or almond meal
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 3 hours or overnight
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 heaped tsp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp peanut, cashew or almond butter
- Place all base ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined and mixture is crumbly.
- Line small slice tin with baking paper, then press base into tin. Place tin in freezer while making filling.
- To make filling, drain cashews and place all filling ingredients in food processor and blend until creamy texture.
- Pour filling over base and spread evenly. Place in freezer for 1½ hours to set.
- Just before you take slice out of freezer, place all topping ingredients in small saucepan on low heat and gently stir while it melts.
- Pour chocolate topping over slice, then place back in freezer for another couple of hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with matcha using small sieve or tea infuser. Slice and enjoy.
Are you in need of some breakfast inspiration? We think that Bircher muesli is one of the best breakfasts you...
Chunky Almond Granola
This chunky almond granola is jam-packed with dietary fibre to help lower cholesterol levels, along with B vitamins and slow-release...
Pear Spelt Pancakes with Strawberry Purée
Pears and strawberries are rich sources of vitamin C, which is vital for boosting immune function and for supporting adrenal...
Sugar-Free Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Nice-Cream
It hardly seems possible to have a no-sugar healthy ice-cream that tastes so amazingly sweet and almost like the dairy...