Matcha is full of powerful antioxidants called polyphenols, namely epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), that are commonly found in green tea. These antioxidants are known to offer protection against chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease, as well as having anti-ageing properties. Matcha contains three times more EGCG than regular green tea.
Makes: 12 squares
- ½ cup hazelnut or almond meal
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 3 hours or overnight
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 heaped tsp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp peanut, cashew or almond butter
- Place all base ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined and mixture is crumbly.
- Line small slice tin with baking paper, then press base into tin. Place tin in freezer while making filling.
- To make filling, drain cashews and place all filling ingredients in food processor and blend until creamy texture.
- Pour filling over base and spread evenly. Place in freezer for 1½ hours to set.
- Just before you take slice out of freezer, place all topping ingredients in small saucepan on low heat and gently stir while it melts.
- Pour chocolate topping over slice, then place back in freezer for another couple of hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with matcha using small sieve or tea infuser. Slice and enjoy.
Tahini Choc Chip Cookies Recipes
As a mum and nutritionist, I’m always trying to find more nourishing ways to create the family favourites — especially...
Tahini Icy Poles Recipes
For as long as I can remember there has been a healthy version of icy poles in my life. My...
Pumpkin Soup with Tahini and Pistachios Recipe
The whole family will love this pumpkin soup! Adding tahini gives the soup a nutty flavour and creamy texture, plus...
Spelt and Star Anise Biscuits Recipe
I’ve been making versions of these biscuits since the kids were little. The original recipe is inspired by Jude Blereau....