Matcha is full of powerful antioxidants called polyphenols, namely epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), that are commonly found in green tea. These antioxidants are known to offer protection against chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease, as well as having anti-ageing properties. Matcha contains three times more EGCG than regular green tea.
Makes: 12 squares
- ½ cup hazelnut or almond meal
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 3 hours or overnight
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 heaped tsp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp peanut, cashew or almond butter
- Place all base ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined and mixture is crumbly.
- Line small slice tin with baking paper, then press base into tin. Place tin in freezer while making filling.
- To make filling, drain cashews and place all filling ingredients in food processor and blend until creamy texture.
- Pour filling over base and spread evenly. Place in freezer for 1½ hours to set.
- Just before you take slice out of freezer, place all topping ingredients in small saucepan on low heat and gently stir while it melts.
- Pour chocolate topping over slice, then place back in freezer for another couple of hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with matcha using small sieve or tea infuser. Slice and enjoy.
Crispy Chickpea Kale Salad Recipe
This leafy kale salad is a great plant-based source of iron, packed with plenty of antioxidants and added crunch to...
Quick kitchen: Vegan Lentil Moussaka
If you’re looking for a recipe that brings both comfort and nourishment in the same mouthful, my vegan lentil moussaka...
Tempeh Snow Pea & King Oyster Mushroom Stir-Fry
When you come home from work hungry and tired, the last thing you want to do is cook an elaborate...
Red Lentil Dahl with Brown Rice, Lime Pickle & Mango Chutney
Red lentils are a great source of low-fat, plant-based protein and contain a wealth of B vitamins, many essential minerals...