Mighty Meatballs Recipe
These little meatballs are delicious as is or served in lettuce cups or wraps. The mix of protein and a little veg makes them a nourishing and versatile lunchbox meal.
Makes: 20 mini meatballs
- 500g minced beef
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1–2 cloves garlic, peeled & crushed
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- Handful raw kale or spinach leaves (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp dried or 2 tbsp fresh chopped oregano
- 1 tsp dried or 2 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- Handful fresh basil leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Personally, I just place vegetable and herb component and slice of bread in food processor and whizz up. I then add this to meat with any other ingredients and mix by squeezing together in my hands.
- With wet hands, roll into golf-ball-sized balls and place on baking tray. Throw in oven until browned/cooked through (approx. 15–20 mins).
- They can also be barbecued or pan-fried if you prefer.
- Tip: For veg-fussy kids, pulverise vegies to paste in food processor rather than grating as they “hide” better this way.
Slow cooking 101: tips and tricks to make family dinners easier
Slow cooking is a traditional method of cooking offering hearty, flavour-packed meals that are better for digestion and make family...
3 Asian-inspired vegan dishes to add to your mid-week menu
Elevate your mid-week rotation with these Asian-inspired vegan dishes, using Niulife’s Vegan Fysh Sauce to give your meal that delicious,...
Aromatic Spiced Pears with Gluten-Free Pistachio Crumble Recipe
Treat yourself to this decadent, gluten-free spiced pear dish, packed with aromatic flavours and plenty of fibre to boost digestive...
Growing, cooking and healing with capsicum
Known as “sweet bell peppers” in the United States, capsicum is a luscious and highly nutritious vegetable — and incredibly...