Moroccan Quinoa and Tofu Recipe
When preparing quinoa, it’s really important to rinse several times in a fine-mesh sieve to remove the soapy, bitter saponins in the grains. You can also sprout quinoa for two days before cooking to increase the available nutrients.
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 200g pumpkin, peeled & diced
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 400mL veg stock or filtered water
- 300g tofu, cut into strips
- 100g frozen peas
- Celtic sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 mins or until softened. Add capsicum, pumpkin, spices, quinoa and stock or water. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 mins.
- Add tofu and cook for a further 7 mins, until cooked through.
- Add peas, season with salt and pepper, then cook for a further 2 mins.
- Serve topped with coriander.
Tofu and Kale Braised in Coconut and Chilli Recipe
Enjoy this kale dish seasoned and dressed in cooling coconut milk and spiced up with a little bit of chilli!
Tofu Tacos with Lime and Avocado Dressing Recipe
Tofu is a great substitute for meat, fish and seafood and can really deliver when used in many traditional recipes....
Tofu and Broccolini Stir-Fry Recipe
Stir-fry is so fast and full of flavour! Plus, you can add any ingredients you desire on the day. Check...