Moroccan Quinoa and Tofu Recipe
When preparing quinoa, it’s really important to rinse several times in a fine-mesh sieve to remove the soapy, bitter saponins in the grains. You can also sprout quinoa for two days before cooking to increase the available nutrients.
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 200g pumpkin, peeled & diced
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 400mL veg stock or filtered water
- 300g tofu, cut into strips
- 100g frozen peas
- Celtic sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 mins or until softened. Add capsicum, pumpkin, spices, quinoa and stock or water. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 mins.
- Add tofu and cook for a further 7 mins, until cooked through.
- Add peas, season with salt and pepper, then cook for a further 2 mins.
- Serve topped with coriander.
Do you want to live to be 100? Read these strategies for reaching the milestone
The strategies for reaching this milestone include adequate sleep, maintaining a healthy microbiome, protein and maintaining healthy brain function.
Corned Beef Silverside Recipe
A classic corned beef, also known as silverside, screams English comfort food for me. On my English side, everyone loves...
How to grow your own salad greens and why you should
The salad you ate for lunch today may have used more fossil fuel than you did driving to work all...
A Q&A with Renae Smith, owner of Bake Mixes
We speak to Renae Smith, owner of Bake Mixes, an Australian brand who create food packs that you can make...