3 plant-based delights the whole family will enjoy
Niulife’s Vegan Fysh Sauce has the same fish sauce taste while being 100 per cent plant-based. It’s a deliciously healthy fish-free alternative containing no preservatives, gluten or MSG. Use as a direct vegan substitute for fish sauce in stir-fries, marinades and laksas.
Sweet & Salty Grilled Bok Choy & Cucumber Salad
DF, GF, VG
- ¼ cup Niulife Naked Coconut Aminos
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup Niulife Coconut Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup hemp seed oil (or avocado oil or olive oil)
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- 2 carrots, spiralised
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, black or white
- ½ cup coriander, chopped
- 3 spring onions, green part only, finely sliced
- 1 tsp Niulife Coconut Oil
- 6 heads bok choy, sliced & washed
- 1 tbsp Niulife Naked Coconut Aminos
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl or jar and whisking continuously until you get a smooth homogeneous mixture. It may seem like it’s not coming together but it will.
- Place the cucumbers, carrot, sesame seeds, coriander and spring onion in a large bowl. Pour in half the dressing and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over a high heat and add the coconut oil. Add in the bok choy and stir-fry for about 30 secs. Pour over the coconut aminos and continue to stir-fry for another 30-60 secs. Serve the bok choy on a large platter.
- Spoon over the tossed salad mixture and drizzle over some extra dressing. Top with extra sesame seeds to serve.
Coconut Mango Cheesecake
DF, GF, VG
- 1½ cups almond meal
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup Niulife Desiccated Coconut
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Niulife Coconut Oil, softened
- 3 tbsp hot water
- 3 cups cashews, soaked for 4-6 hours, drained & rinsed
- ¼ cup Niulife Coconut Milk Powder
- 250mL water
- 30 drops liquid stevia
- ⅓ cup Niulife Coconut Oil, melted
- Juice 2 lemons
- 2 vanilla beans, seeds scraped
- 2 cups mango chunks, frozen
- 2 tbsp white chia seeds
- Toasted coconut flakes (optional)
- Line a 20cm round spring-form cake tin with baking paper, using one round for the base and a long strip to line the sides of the tin. Stick down with a little coconut oil if needed.
- Prepare the base by combining the almond meal, coconut flour, desiccated coconut and salt. Pour in the coconut oil and water and press with your hands to form a clumpy dough. Press into the lined cake tin and smooth over with a spoon. Place in the fridge or freezer for 30 mins while you prepare the filling.
- To prepare the filling, place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until extra-smooth. Pour into the tin and smooth over with a spoon. Tap on the bench a couple of times to remove any air bubbles and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight to set completely.
- To make the mango topping, place the frozen mango and a dash of water in a small pot over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer then reduce the heat to low and leave to cook for 15 mins until the mango is soft. Remove from the heat and stir in the chia seeds, allowing them to soak up any extra liquid. Transfer everything to the blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a jar and leave to cool completely before storing in the fridge for serving.
- When the cheesecake is set, carefully remove from the tin and peel off the baking paper. Top with the mango topping and some toasted coconut flakes if desired.
Coconut Raspberry Dark Chocolate Muffins
Makes: 12 muffins
- 3 eggs (vegan substitute: 3 tbsp flaxseeds combined with ½ cup water)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut ghee, melted & cooled
- 1 tbsp warm water
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup of raspberries, fresh or frozen, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp vegan dark chocolate (approx. ½ a block), finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and line a muffin tray with paper cases and set aside.
- Place eggs (or flaxseed mix), vanilla, maple syrup, coconut ghee and water into a medium-size bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir to combine.
- Add ¾ raspberries and ¾ chopped chocolate and stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tray then sprinkle a few remaining raspberries and chopped chocolate over each muffin.
- Bake for 8-10 mins until cooked through.
- Allow to cool for 5 mins in the muffin tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For more information visit niulife.com.au
Veggie Rice Balls Recipe
These rice balls make a tasty lunch on-the-go or can be added to a wrap or served with a salad...
Veggie Soup in a Jar with Flavour Hits Recipe
Looking for an easy on-the-go lunch? This veggie soup in a jar has got you covered, with 3 delicious and...
5-Veg Vegan Ramen Recipe
This vegan ramen is packed with an abundance of different vegetables for a highly colourful and super nutritious dish the...