Noughts and Crosses Sandwiches Recipe
This is a super fun way to mix up the kids’ usual sandwich routines. If you don’t have a square lunchbox, just top the open sandwiches with another slice of bread and layer them into the lunchbox. Kids will still have a smile on their faces eating them and may even want to play.
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 2 slices brown-rice bread
- 1 slice sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp hummus
- 1 celery stalk
- 4 thin slices carrot
- Mix yoghurt and cucumber together and set aside.
- Cut 5 4cm squares from the brown-rice bread and 4 4cm squares from sourdough and set aside.
- Spread sourdough squares with hummus and rice bread squares with yoghurt/cucumber dip.
- In square lunchbox, arrange bread squares to form chequerboard pattern with rice bread in corners and centre. Cut 10 thin 5cm-long pieces from celery stalk to make crosses and place on the brown-rice squares then place carrot slices on sourdough squares to make noughts.
Spiced Cauliflower with Preserved Lemon
This delicious dish lives and dies by the quality of the curry powder. If you don’t have any on hand...
Quorn™ Foods shares 2 delicious, meat-free recipes
Quorn™ Foods is a global market leader in healthy, sustainable protein. Here, they share 2 delicious recipes.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...