Noughts and Crosses Sandwiches Recipe
This is a super fun way to mix up the kids’ usual sandwich routines. If you don’t have a square lunchbox, just top the open sandwiches with another slice of bread and layer them into the lunchbox. Kids will still have a smile on their faces eating them and may even want to play.
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 2 slices brown-rice bread
- 1 slice sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp hummus
- 1 celery stalk
- 4 thin slices carrot
- Mix yoghurt and cucumber together and set aside.
- Cut 5 4cm squares from the brown-rice bread and 4 4cm squares from sourdough and set aside.
- Spread sourdough squares with hummus and rice bread squares with yoghurt/cucumber dip.
- In square lunchbox, arrange bread squares to form chequerboard pattern with rice bread in corners and centre. Cut 10 thin 5cm-long pieces from celery stalk to make crosses and place on the brown-rice squares then place carrot slices on sourdough squares to make noughts.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
What works as a stand-alone vegetarian dish, goes well with tofu, and can even proudly accompany a chicken or fish...
Thai mango salad
This summery Thai mango salad ticks all the boxes for a fresh and healthy meal
Thai tofu with almond sauce and jasmine rice
Tofu is a good source of protein, calcium, and B vitamins. Enjoy it Thai-style with almond sauce and jasmine rice...