Noughts and Crosses Sandwiches Recipe
This is a super fun way to mix up the kids’ usual sandwich routines. If you don’t have a square lunchbox, just top the open sandwiches with another slice of bread and layer them into the lunchbox. Kids will still have a smile on their faces eating them and may even want to play.
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 2 slices brown-rice bread
- 1 slice sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp hummus
- 1 celery stalk
- 4 thin slices carrot
- Mix yoghurt and cucumber together and set aside.
- Cut 5 4cm squares from the brown-rice bread and 4 4cm squares from sourdough and set aside.
- Spread sourdough squares with hummus and rice bread squares with yoghurt/cucumber dip.
- In square lunchbox, arrange bread squares to form chequerboard pattern with rice bread in corners and centre. Cut 10 thin 5cm-long pieces from celery stalk to make crosses and place on the brown-rice squares then place carrot slices on sourdough squares to make noughts.
Mexican Corn Fritters & Avocado Salsa Recipe
These corn fritters are a fun and tasty twist on traditional corn fritters, packed full of colourful vegetables and served...
Corn, Kale & Mushroom Bake Recipe
Stacked with colour, flavour and texture, this humble vegetarian breakfast bake makes for a quick, healthy and tasty mid-week meal...
Cheese, Corn & Chive Savoury Muffin Recipe
These savoury muffins would be delicious at a picnic served with some butter alongside a fresh salad and get the...
Poached Pear & Hazelnut Salad Recipe
This is a dish that keeps on giving, packed with poached pears, spicy rocket, crunchy hazelnuts and salty parmesan —...