Parmesan-Roasted Okra with Corn Recipe
Okra has been used traditionally as a food and medicine for hundreds of years in South America, Africa and the Middle East. Okra provides a good dose of vitamin K, calcium and magnesium for strong, healthy bones and blood clotting, and B vitamins, including folic acid, which is important for pregnant women.
- 12 handfuls okra
- Olive oil
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- 1 corn cob
- Small handful grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Toss okra with a little olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Lay on baking tray and bake for 20 mins.
- Boil corn cob and, when cooked through, place on grill to char.
- Cut corn kernels off cob and toss through okra.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and return to oven for 5 mins. Serve.
Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and...
Tahini Muesli Bars Recipe
Feel free to use any combination of nuts, seeds and dried fruit in this recipe but be sure to stick...
Tahini Choc Chip Cookies Recipes
As a mum and nutritionist, I’m always trying to find more nourishing ways to create the family favourites — especially...
Tahini Icy Poles Recipes
For as long as I can remember there has been a healthy version of icy poles in my life. My...