Parmesan-Roasted Okra with Corn Recipe
Okra has been used traditionally as a food and medicine for hundreds of years in South America, Africa and the Middle East. Okra provides a good dose of vitamin K, calcium and magnesium for strong, healthy bones and blood clotting, and B vitamins, including folic acid, which is important for pregnant women.
- 12 handfuls okra
- Olive oil
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- 1 corn cob
- Small handful grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Toss okra with a little olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Lay on baking tray and bake for 20 mins.
- Boil corn cob and, when cooked through, place on grill to char.
- Cut corn kernels off cob and toss through okra.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and return to oven for 5 mins. Serve.
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This pumpkin bread is nutrient-rich, high in protein and fibre, free from grains and gluten and can be made dairy-free....
Curry Spiced Trail Mix Recipe
Snack time just became a whole lot more interesting thanks to this Curry Spiced Trail Mix: the perfect combination of...
Butter Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Curry Recipe
Cauliflower and sweet potato add such abundant nutrition to this traditional curry dish with a twist. Both vegetables are rich...
Buy-Nothing-New Curry Recipe
This curry is fabulously frugal and the tastiest way I know to make the most of less-than-desirable looking vegie odds...