Plant-Based Buckwheat Crêpes with Strawberries Recipe
Amazing how easy it is to swap to plant-based recipes without ever feeling you’re missing out, and these crêpes are just the recipe for that! Serve with a delicious nut butter of choice and fresh strawberries, and if you prefer savoury simply omit the coconut sugar and vanilla.
Makes: 8–10 crêpes
GF, V, VG
- 1½ cups buckwheat flour
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups soy or almond milk
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut oil for frying
- Fresh strawberries & almond butter, to serve
- Whisk all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat, add a drop of coconut oil to coat, then add ¼ cup batter and swirl around the pan. Cook about 90 seconds on one side before flipping and cooking a further 30 seconds on the other.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and almond butter.
Jamaican Eggplant Jerk & Watermelon Salad Recipe
This vegan recipe uses classic Jamaican flavours that balance the sweet with the spicy. The perfect meal for family sharing...
Sweet Corn Puree With Baked Cauliflower & Spinach
This recipe transforms wholesome sweet corn into a heavenly miso-flavoured puree to match with baked cauliflower and sautéed spinach.
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
These crunchy roasted chickpeas are delicious as a healthy snack, as an appetiser with olives, dips, or to add some...
Herb & Feta Hummus Recipe
This wholesome low GI hummus recipe is loaded with dietary fibre and protein, and makes for a delicious dip, spread...