Plum & Almond Cake
You’ll definitely want your friends and family popping in for this cake. The almond meal and sour cream in this cake make it extra-moist and luscious. If plums are not in season, you can substitute fresh plums with tinned plums. Just be sure to check the added sugar content! Alternatively, substitute the plums with another fruit which is in season. The plums go beautifully sticky when they are baked and the cake batter rises beautifully around them.
- 150g unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 150g unrefined coconut sugar
- 200g unrefined self-raising flour
- 120g almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 75g light sour cream
- 6 plums, halved & stones removed
- 4 tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease 20cm round cake tin and line with baking paper.
- Cream butter, eggs, sugar, flour, almond meal, baking powder, vanilla essence and sour cream until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into prepared cake tin and smooth top. Place plums on top of cake, gently pressing into batter slightly.
- Bake for 45–50 mins until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and top with toasted almonds while still warm. Serve immediately.
Pana Organic Baking Pieces (White, Mylk, Caramel & Dark)
It’s the moment your inner chef has been waiting for … Pana Organic’s guilt- and gluten-free bake range is here....
Ceres Organics — Banoffee Peanut Butter
Unlike anything you’ve tasted before, this unique blend is dessert in a jar. Nutty and sweet with crunchy banana chips...
Did you know that Mauritian food is derived from so many other cultures including France, Africa, India and China? There...